60 Hour Disposable Reptile Heat Pack
- Activates in about 2 hours.
- Surface Temperature is about 100 Degrees.
- Reach their peak temperature in about 24 hours.
- Contents are biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
UniHeat's 60 hour heat packs are a great choice for shipping plants, fish and insects that don't require overnight shipping. Ideally suited for 2 day and Priority Mail shipping.
USING THE HEAT PACK
- The idea of using heat packs for shipping is not to achieve the optimal temperature inside the box but to keep the temperature from falling so low that it causes the animal to be overly stressed or die.
- If testing is needed before use, open the vacuum sealed package and roll in a layer of newspaper or place in a small space like a lunch bag or in your shirt or pants pocket and give it time to heat up. Don’t just place it on the table because you most likely won’t feel any heat released because the air volume surrounding the heat pack is much greater than the heat being released in the initial stage.
- There are 2 sides to these disposable heat packs. The side with the red strips must always be exposed to air. Don’t lay the red striped side or tape it in a way that would obstruct the airflow into the perforated holes.
- In a 1 cubic foot insulated box, the first heat pack will raise the temperature approximately 12-16 degrees. Each additional heat pack will raise the temperature about an additional 10 degrees. The temperature range of 60 to 75 degrees is very safe for most reptiles and amphibians.
- If the temperature in the shipping box falls below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, the disposable heat pad may stop working because the water in the heat pack may freeze.