Thread: Feeding mixes

Thanks

Default Feeding mixes

Hey! So I've followed this list for what fruits are great for your gecko to eat. I will first off say that there is always a mix of CGD for my baby, but I thought I'd try to start him on fruits as soon as possible. I cut up any large fruits to small pieces or crush them very well so they are no bigger than the space between his eyes.

My question is, what kind of success do you have with fruits and geckos? Do some just not like them and prefer only CGD?

This is the list of fruits based on their calcium availability. He seemed to really like papaya. I just mix the fruit up with the CGD.

My gecko is only just past his first month and had his first shed this week. A bit stressful, but all the bits on his toes and tail are off

Any information on this would be great
    Thank you
    D

Thanks

Additional fruit into their diet isnt necessary however it is fine to offer it from time to time. Remember if you add it daily youre changing the nutritional value of the CGD, and it is formulated to be complete. When offering fruit you need to worry more about phosphorus in it, not the calcium, so if youre offering fresh fruit, I normally recommend offering insects 3-4 days later rathern than 1-2 days later. Fruits I use are mango, watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches, necatrines, apricots, abananas, and dragonfruit.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sublime Reptiles For This Useful Post:

TAD (07-22-2019)