Thread: New bioactive for my Cuban False Chameleon

Thanks

Default New bioactive for my Cuban False Chameleon

Just put together my first bioactive viv for my Cuban False Chameleon. Springtails and isopods included. Constructive criticism welcome. (Not sure why pics are coming out sideways.)

Name:  19_06-22TBD-Bioactive1.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  94.9 KB

Name:  19_06-22TBD-Bioactive2.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  93.6 KB
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TAD For This Useful Post:

Hannibal (06-23-2019)

Thanks

Looks good!!!

Thanks

I've had my bioactive for two weeks now, and things are going well. For the first week I did not see any of the springtails or isopods, but now I am seeing the springtails under the leaf litter, working away at doing their job. Still no isopods though, so I put in another order for those.

I did see one dubia roach escape while my anole was eating (it got away on him), so it's running around somewhere in the tank. Doubt I'll find it, and TBD does not eat off the floor, so I'm hoping that won't be a problem somewhere down the line.

All in all, things are going well so far, and hope that continues!
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Thanks

Looks good, my only concern is it looks a bit small for the barbatus.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

The photo actually makes it look smaller than it is, but yes, that is a concern for me as well, as he is still growing. He is currently in an 18x18x24, and the drainage layer & substrate took out about 5" of the extra height he had before. I would like to get the Exo Terra Rainforest (18x18x36), if I could find one that doesn't have to be shipped - shipping costs almost as much as the tank! Am watching Petco and Petsmart, and have an ISO out on Craigslist. Until I can find one, he has a lot of vines in there, where he spends most of his time, and he gets some out-of-tank time as well. I know that Zoo Med makes one in that taller size as well (Skyscraper), but I like the front opening doors, and the divider section on the Zoo Med looks like it is lower to the base than the Exo Terra, so I couldn't put in as much substrate. They also have a Paludarium in the same size that could also work, so just have to keep an eye out for either of those.
    Last edited by TAD; 07-07-2019 at 05:00 PM.
    Eileen

Thanks

Ahh ok it looks way smaller! I would say if you are close to a reptile expo, try looking there, might find what youre looking for. Of try seeing about having one custom made, would be a lot cheaper than buying a huge exoterra. Or if you could ever make the trip to the Tinley NARBC show, you could find one there. If you do decide to go with custom, I would recommend this guy (he vends Tinley also), but he does ship, and he does a lot of shows all over so who knows he may already go up that way for shows. But his enclosures are top knotch
    https://www.facebook.com/dwgeckos1/
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sublime Reptiles For This Useful Post:

TAD (07-07-2019)