Thread: Golden gecko habitat and feeding help

Thanks

Default Golden gecko habitat and feeding help

I've had this new gecko for 5 days now. It's 3 or maybe 4 years old. Never been in a proper environment or been fed routinely for the past at least 2 years. So it's not eating. But was being fed maybe every 2 weeks. I'm going to try a cricket tomorrow. I guess I'm worried I'm just continuing to starve it. Should I try carnivore care supplements first?
    Also having a hard time keeping the humidity in the tank high. It's 60% most of the time.

Thanks

Can you provide additional info about your set-up: heating/lighting, terrarium size & decor. They are very finicky eaters, what type of insects have you offered a& have you offered any mashed up fruit?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Can you provide additional info about your set-up: heating/lighting, terrarium size & decor. They are very finicky eaters, what type of insects have you offered a& have you offered any mashed up fruit?
    I have her in a 10 gallon tall screen top tank. I have a ceramic heat lamp keeping temp at 80F and a full spectrum light. I added moss yesterday but maybe too much. I have been misting several times a day and added a live fern yesterday too.