Thread: Crested Gecko Genetics Tracker

Thanks

Default Crested Gecko Genetics Tracker

Hello all!

I've been working on a spreadsheet with all the traits and morphs of crested geckos that I'm currently aware of for anyone who wishes to track the kind of offspring their geckos are creating. I feel like in order for us to start to better understand the way crested gecko genetics work we need to do a better job at tracking what kind of offspring our crested geckos are creating. I'm not a believer that the genetics of crested geckos are just a crap shoot and follow no rules, but I do understand that we currently don't know much about how they work. I made this in hopes of helping curb both the misunderstandings about crested gecko genetics and to help us to better learn how they work.
    I wanted to make something for breeders and hobbyist to use to help the hobby in some way. This will be free to use and feel welcome to copy it down if you think it will be use. I'm looking for some suggestions on what to add or fix on the spreadsheet so go ahead and let the critiquing begin!

Spreadsheet can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    3.0.3 crested geckos

Thanks

This is fine as a simple concept, but there are so many genes at play, multiple interactions, dermal layering of colors and other things at play. Just think of a base color like red... is there more than a single gene that can make a visual red. I think you are just skimming the surface.