Thread: Viper Geckos!

Thanks

Default Viper Geckos!

Hi everyone! I will hopefully be going to a reptile expo for my birthday this year,and I might be able to pick out my choice lizard!(Within reason of course!) I would really like some Viper Geckos,and I want them to be my first breeding project so I will probably get 2-3 females and 1 male,but I have some questions first! Here are the questions! Best substrate? Tank size for 2-3 females? Tank size for 1 male? Temps? Humidity? Can males live together?(I've heard mixed in this) I can handle them right? Best type of inclosure? Heat lamp or heat mat? Enclosure size for babies? Incubation temps\humidity? Are mealworms an ok staple for adults? Should I keep babies together or seperate? I think I got everything,but I will add if needed! Thanks! I'm not a newb,but I can't find detailed care on these guys!☺

Thanks

Nobody has viper geckos?

Thanks

I wouldnt know anything of these guys but i did find a care sheet
    http://www.joshsfrogs.com/catalog/bl...ta-care-sheet/
    Hope that helps in anyway

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Thanks

From the start, if this is your first project, I would not go with that many females. They are insanely prolific. They lay eggs every 2-3 weeks and will lay for the full season. Babies hatch out incredibly small, they will need pinhead crickets or fruit flies. I prefer pinheads, they do better on them. I keep them in very small containers that I have made just for the purpose of raising them. I put them half on a heat tape strip that is regulated by a thermostat. They do like to climb on things, so I have branches and cork in their enclosure. I keep them on a substrate mix of peat and sand. A moist hide is helpful and usually where they will lay their eggs. I use heat tape under their adult enclosures with a warm spot of low 90's.

Thanks

I have viper Geckos! We also just laid 2 eggs today want to start breeding as well but would love all the feedback I can get

Thanks

I have a trio and am waiting on my first eggs to hatch. I would suggest not using ONLY mealworms though. I have been using mostly mealworms and as you've probably noticed, calcium powder doesn't stick to them as well as it does to roaches or crickets. My geckos do stay nice and plump so I do think mealworms are good as PART of their food. When females are laying they lay, in theory, 2 eggs every 10 days to 2 weeks and that uses up a LOT of calcium. I had a female that had what seemed like a calcium crash b/c of this. I gave her liquid calcium and she did bounce back but just be careful. For the babies i will have "mini mealworms", bean weevils, and pinheads. They are gonna be TINY so having several possible food sources ready is a good idea.

Name:  Pretty (1).jpg
Views: 260
Size:  90.7 KB

Thanks

Thank you for the tips! Going to my first exotic pet expo ever this Sunday!

Thanks

Only... TWO DAYS until the expo! (does happy dance) Should I expect Viper Geckos to be there? From what I've read,they are typically around $80 and uncommon. I'm absolutely DYING of excitement!

Thanks

We went to expo and it was really small! Still super fun,though! I even saw some abronia grominea! But they didn't have viper geckos. Which was really disappointing. If you have any viper geckos available,I've posted a wanted add in the for sale section! Thanks for all the help,everyone!