Thread: Introducing garg #2

Thanks

Default Introducing garg #2

I went to the store only to get mice for the snake and came home with this this guy. I've never been crazy about stripped gargs except the black and white, go figure.

I had a large cage already set up for when my baby grows so this guy got it. I'll have to get another for baby at some point.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by waldo; 11-19-2018 at 09:18 PM.
    ~Waldo is a girl~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to waldo For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (11-19-2018)

Thanks

He's gorgeous! Congrats!
    Hmmm...must be that "potato chip" thing...
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Thanks

Must be lol. He's super mellow too, mostly grew up in a pet store but is still good with handling and he eats very well which is nice. Still having trouble with the baby eating on his own. I'm hand feeding every few days so it doesn't stave.
    ~Waldo is a girl~

Thanks

what are you feeding the baby? repashy or pangea fruit mix? insects? if its a fruit mix, trying putting multiple small dishes in the enclosure, he may not be eating on his own cause he cant find the food. If its crickets, ive heard for babies you can crush in the heads and that makes it easier for the babies to smell them and get a taste for it. These are just suggestions I've heard a lot about, I myself do not yet have a garg but I will by the end of May

Thanks

I'm feeding pangea, the same thing he was raised on. He is in the same sized cage, with the same feeding ledge. I talked to the breeder, he told me to stop hand feeding. I'm just so worried a little baby will starve if left to his own devices.

I did weight him a few days ago, he has actually gained 2 grams since I got him so I guess he is doing ok. I'm still going to assist feed just to make sure he is eating but not as often.
    ~Waldo is a girl~

Thanks

those pics are awesome, he is very striking...
    thank you!

happy "mom" of:
    1 crested gecko
    6 birds (CAG, tiel, conure, lovie, 2 zebra finches)

Thanks

I would slowly wean him off the hand-feeding altogether. They can get really dependent on that, and not eat if you are not there to feed them - which makes it difficult to go on vacation, be in the hospital for any length of time, etc., when someone else would have to care for them. Usually they don't starve themselves if there is food available. It's good that you are weighing him. Keep doing that every couple of weeks and keep a little notebook of his progress.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0