Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What in the name of all that is holy (poo pics)

Thanks

I am not a vet, nor do I play one on TV, but it's POSSIBLE that is just a piece of substrate or fiber strand of some type. Email the photo to your vet and see what they think. The good news is, that poop looks very normal as compared to the first pics you sent.

I hear you on the vet bills. We are downsizing on animals (not replacing when they die) just for that reason. That's one reason I went to geckos - not nearly as expensive as the furry pets, for the most part.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    I am not a vet, nor do I play one on TV, but it's POSSIBLE that is just a piece of substrate or fiber strand of some type. Email the photo to your vet and see what they think. The good news is, that poop looks very normal as compared to the first pics you sent.

I hear you on the vet bills. We are downsizing on animals (not replacing when they die) just for that reason. That's one reason I went to geckos - not nearly as expensive as the furry pets, for the most part.

I love my animals and I'd pay anything for them don't get me wrong, it's just a little stressful when the problems keep rolling in and you feel like you're not making progress towards anyone's health anymore, while your funds deplete quicker than you can replace. I don't own more than I can care for but I also never expected to be taking on expensive family issues and pet issues all within a six month time span. Scares me quite a bit, but I've got a plan to get back on track.

Vet does think it looks like a worm however, but asked if I was sure that it wasn't moving- to make sure it wasn't a strand of mucus or something similar like you suggested. All mine have been housed on paper towel since entering my care so I am not quite sure what it could be if not a parasite. It looks very very wormy to my very un-trained eyes, and while I have a white chihuahua that is far too limp and noodly looking to be his hair. Doesn't match his fur texture.

I asked the vet if she would want me to wait for another "maybe worm" to show up that actually does do a little dance for me before we set out to medicate, still waiting on her reply to that. We both want to avoid unnecessary medication at any cost. If Jupiter weren't eating and pooping as much as they are (like clockwork I find something every 4 to 5 days) I'd have never suggested waiting. Outside of that I'm happy that in terms of look, the stool hasn't gotten any looser but instead firmed up a bit! I have gotten three solid ones since the first posted image, and this is the first one since then that's shown anything out of the norm.

I've never dealt with parasites before and while I do as much research as possible, it's a whole different ballgame actually treating it. I feel like I'll mess up at a moments notice even with an exotic reptile vet guiding me the entire way through, but it'll be okay.

Thanks

That is a lot of stress to be under. I hope you get some good news on all fronts soon. It's sad when you can't enjoy your pets because of worry about finances. I'm glad you have a plan. That is half the battle.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    That is a lot of stress to be under. I hope you get some good news on all fronts soon. It's sad when you can't enjoy your pets because of worry about finances. I'm glad you have a plan. That is half the battle.
    I hope so, I mean my comfort lies in the fact that parasites are somewhat common and therefore have been treated with success many times, and that my vet was prepared from the moment I stepped into her practice to give me instructions had anything turned up.

Plus my pets aren't losing weight or acting lethargic yet, so I'd say it's still pretty early and shouldn't be too terrible of a treatment process. I'm a bit of a paranoia case about contamination to boot, sanitizing everything proper should be a breeze.

Thanks

Found another exceptionally wet poo tonight, it was a little solid splat (not pellet shaped at all) in a wet brown spot. Again no moving worms or anything worm-like, vet doesn't want to jump the gun and medicate with the clean fecal we saw + no shed worms. It seems like for every semi-solid poo I get the next one is a mess. They're still sitting at 2.5g and active as ever, I weighed them a day or two ago they were 2.9g. I'm assuming the other .4 was that atrocious poo. At least they're eating and hydrated. Guh.

I wonder if my pangea went bad? I'll try ordering a fresh bag and see if that does anything. There's nothing else I can think of after the clean fecal vet visit.

Thanks

I have been looking previously for lizard and didn't find better than this one. I have learned here a lot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Technicolor View Post
    Found another exceptionally wet poo tonight, it was a little solid splat (not pellet shaped at all) in a wet brown spot. Again no moving worms or anything worm-like, vet doesn't want to jump the gun and medicate with the clean fecal we saw + no shed worms. It seems like for every semi-solid poo I get the next one is a mess. They're still sitting at 2.5g and active as ever, I weighed them a day or two ago they were 2.9g. I'm assuming the other .4 was that atrocious poo. At least they're eating and hydrated. Guh.

I wonder if my pangea went bad? I'll try ordering a fresh bag and see if that does anything. There's nothing else I can think of after the clean fecal vet visit.
    It's a month later - how is he doing now?
    Eileen

Thanks

Getting more solid poop than not, nothing inside of it. I'm not sure what's going on. He's at 3.5 grams now, and still eating very well. I'm not too sure if I had a false alarm?

Thanks

Well, if he's gaining and not losing, and still eating well and is active, after this much time I would think he will probably be fine, and is just a slow grower.
    Eileen

Thanks

I appreciate all your help Tad, thanks so much. I'll keep this thread updated if anything else arises. For now, lord have mercy on me- I've gone and gotten a troublemaker. Again.