Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best timed humidifier for the price?

Thanks

Alright, I'll just wait until my CG is big enough for an exo terra then. Thanks for the input though!

Thanks

np.
    Actually, I just thought of something, since those humidifiers have varying degrees of intensity levels, you could probably make it work with a KK.

Thanks

Sorry for bumping....just my 2 cents in this old thread...

I like the ultrasonic cool mist humidifiers https://www.evababygear.com/best-baby-humidifier/ (Vicks are horrible).

Make sure it comes with a filter, I have tried filter less before and they leave a disgusting white powder covering everything in the room. This is due to the hard water we have in my area, but I would want to filter any tap water being put into a snake room.

Depending on your budget, one that can detect humidity levels and shut off if it gets to high are really nice. The only time I end up with a damp spot around mine is if it reaches over 70% humidity in the room and I end up with condensation running down the sides of the humidifier to the floor.

I have bad allergies and have to run a humidifier all winter long. So I have used humidifiers in my bedroom since I was a kid.

There is one good video for you. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Gacheer; 01-22-2019 at 05:13 AM.

Thanks

Regarding filters, I did some calculations a few years ago and determined that, for me, using distilled water in the humidifier was more economical than replacing the filters at the recommended frequency. Distilled water = no white powder.
    3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)