Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lion cat pics + toy reccomendations

Thanks

sweet guys. thanks for all the recommendations so far i knew i could count on you guys to throw up some good suggestions. a fun game for him is every other night we give him a cricket to play with that he has a great time with. it never gets old watching him play with it and since he doesn't get to go hunting outside he still gets to use that instinct on a real prey item in the house

Goreptile i've heard people say that cats use their fur to keep cool and that shaving them is cruel but i guess you have to judge your own animal by their actions when there's heat and see how they take it. it's very obvious my guy is uncomfortable when its hot if he's in full coat. he's miserable and just stays behind the couch in the shade all day until the sun goes down. we have no central AC and he also has an abnormaly large amount of fur but i wouldn't recomened shaving a short or medium fur cat. it was $285 to get him shaved this year so i defenitly don't do it for fun. also just a "fresh start" and a break from him having to groom all that fur a few times a day is nice. he seems to really enjoy the freedom it provides

this is with 8 months of fur growth. he's a lean cat as you can see in the shaved pics. this amount of fur is just crazy

Thanks

Talking

omg looks just like my cat!!! except shes grey lol shes a fatty too oh how i love my kittehs!!!
    3.3.1 Crested Gecko
    0.1.0 Bad Kitty =^...^=
    0.0.1 e. agricolae

Thanks

Dose your cat enjoy being shaved?
    My cat lays on his side and just purrrs as you shave him. He'll never let me do his legs or his pooch so he looks kinda silly.

Thanks

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee he is so cute! I love him! My kitties like to play with a long crocheted string. I bought it at a cat show. Oh and a catnip filled plush mouse! All three of my cats like that one.
    Mrs. Smith's Geckos
    My iherp
    Facebook
    https://www.morphmarket.com/stores/mrssmithsgeckos/
    Many crested geckos, 0.1 leachie, 1.1 Hog Island boas, 0.0.3 Phyllobates terribilis, 1.1 cats, and 0.1 dog. One husband and one four year old.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiedyegecko View Post
    Dose your cat enjoy being shaved?
    My cat lays on his side and just purrrs as you shave him. He'll never let me do his legs or his pooch so he looks kinda silly.
    awwww lovely orange. he's beautiful your lucky he lets you do it. the groomers around here refuse to see Diesel anymore so he has to go to the vet and be completely put out before they can get near him. i don;t blame them one bit. if you remember i posted pics this was the cat that visciously attacked me and made me get a shot and 2 rounds of antibiotics

the vet totally ripped me off this year. they charged $20 for his nail trim, $20 to have his eyes/ears clean (i clean them a couple times a week and did it just before we went,) and $20 to shave the fur around his paw pads. seriously what the hell...he's already asleep how hard is it go trim his nails and shave his paws? that should all be included in the $70 grooming fee anyways. i understand it wouldnt be cheap with the sedation but all those extras were un necessary. $285 for a lion cut is nuts. defenitly not going back there after pulling something like that

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by space.kace View Post
    the vet totally ripped me off this year. they charged $20 for his nail trim, $20 to have his eyes/ears clean (i clean them a couple times a week and did it just before we went,) and $20 to shave the fur around his paw pads. seriously what the hell...he's already asleep how hard is it go trim his nails and shave his paws? that should all be included in the $70 grooming fee anyways. i understand it wouldnt be cheap with the sedation but all those extras were un necessary. $285 for a lion cut is nuts. defenitly not going back there after pulling something like that
    That's ridiculous. I could understand charging $20 for a nail trim if the cat is awake, but once it's out, that should take all of two minutes to do. And then charging another $40 for the paw pads, ears, and eyes? Crazy.

[ 2.0 Kitteh ][ 1.1 Corn Snake ][ 0.1 Crested Gecko ][ 1.0 Gargoyle Gecko ][ 1.0 Ball Python ][ 1.0 Costa Rican BCI ][ 0.1 Leopard Gecko ][ 0.1 IJ Jag Carpet Python ]

"It'll be a walk in the park... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me." -Lt. Col. Sheppard

Thanks

Haha....that first pic is great! I love chubby kitties! He looks like he needs a remote in one hand and some cheese puffs in the other!
    My iHerp[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks

Ohhh my.....she seems not liking be snapped. too angry