Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Temperatures and Crested Geckos - Are we too worried?

Thanks

I have also seen them get sick from temps like that. In fact i rescued one from a guy who would drop the temp and raise it to almost 90 and i honestly could not save the little guy it got stressed so bad it would not eat anything it died two days after I got it. So yea def watch your temps and keep them at the recommended as often as possible. mine have only jumped to 86 a few ( 2-3) times but I would for sure not keep them there constantly. I have actually noticed that around 75-80 my cresteds are more active and eat more anything below or above that they slow down on both. Maybe thats just my experience but like i said in my last post, I really wouldnt push it

Thanks

well here in indiana he reached 85 today when i got this morning it was in the high 70's so i misted them had a cup of coffee to wake-up and went to the basment to get the a/c out and set it for 76 me and the geckos share the same room.

Thanks

I read somewhere that people who kept hatchlings/juvies were suggested to keep their babies at 80-85 to help encourage rapid growth. Is there any truth to that?

1.1.1 Crested Gecko (Jazzy, Thor, Tony Stark)
    0.2.0 Dogs (Ebony, Ein)
    1.0.0 Ball Python (Loki)
    2.0.0 Cats (Yin, Yang)

Thanks

i dont know about that but i ve noticed mine seem to be more active in the cooler temp

Thanks

Thank you all for making this thread.
    We got a heat wave this week and I've been panicking since my tank temps have risen to 82-83.
    I mist more, have 2 fans going, and still cant seem to drop the temps those last few degrees- it's been a huge concern of mine
    3.3.? Cresteds- Luther, Murdoch, Io, Lozen, Bessie, Bennett & babies

2.0.0 Cats- Batman, Mu

iHerp profile

Thanks

Robertskitty-

I really dont think thats an honest reason for why they gain more weight. Yes young ones do gain better weight in warmer temps but the problem comes when you wonder if they are looking for water for cooling themselves and since all the base diets feed to CG's tends to be water based you have to really wonder if they are happy at that temp or just trying to survive.
    Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net
    Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
    You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Thanks

This thread made me feel better about going to work I personally took today off to make sure my gecko wasn’t reaching bad temps. It gets to an average of 84 to 80 during the day summer time here in Us. I still leave cold packs and bottles in his cage but anyone else can help reassure they will be okay?

Thanks

With anxiety, I'm constantly worrying about the high temps! It's getting really hot here in California and not having an air conditioner always has me worrying about the temps. My 3 cresties have had 2 summers now where their tanks stay 81-83. I get so paranoid with anything higher than 82, so when it starts creeping up I constantly check on them when I'm home. I keep ice packs covered with a sock in each of their tanks and 2 fans on them and the temps still stay 81-83, so I can't imagine how hot they'd get without that. Working on freezing 3 more water bottles to add to their tanks to see if that makes a difference for the rest of the summer!

Thanks

Hi, after reading this i feel a little less worried about my little one. But still currently we are dealing with the biggest heatwave in history in belgiu (40 degrees celcius/ 104f).
    In the enclosure its hitting a constant 28-30 degrees celcius/86f ...Is this oke if its only for 2 days?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matthismoove View Post
    Hi, after reading this i feel a little less worried about my little one. But still currently we are dealing with the biggest heatwave in history in belgiu (40 degrees celcius/ 104f).
    In the enclosure its hitting a constant 28-30 degrees celcius/86f ...Is this oke if its only for 2 days?
    Let me know how your gecko does ����