Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leopard gecko w/ abscess

Thanks

Thats what i thought, but then if it wasnt being supplemented it wouldnt have got any D3 so it wouldnt have been able to process any calcium. I think they need either UV or D3 dont they???
    www.TreasureCrest.co.uk

Whites tree frogs
    Crested Geckos
    Rhacodactylus chahoua

Thanks

I've been told that they don't have to have it, but like cresties can use it to aid in calcium absorbtion? I'm not sure, I just know that the first thing my friend had me do was put a uv light on them, and when it came to that I followed what he said because I know next to nothing about leos! We don't really use the uv on it anymore, we have a strip uv light over the remaining gecko and turn in on for a few hours a day, but she/he just hides in the little cave we have in there. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
    ~Kurt Vonnegut

Thanks

initially i guess that would make sense but know i would just reccomend a heat lamp, if the supliment you are using has d3 in it than it should be fine.
    corey

Thanks

Sounds good, I need their UV light anyhow because I'm expanding my uromastyx enclosure and they need more lighting... so this will work out perfectly
    Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
    ~Kurt Vonnegut

Thanks

Default Thank you

Thank you for posting this, I had a similar thing happen this week. My 3 1/2 yr old female leopard gecko Carma had this absess on her face a week ago and I drained it then today I was cleaning it and pulled this hard fatty thing. She is feeling so much better just that now she has this hole left in the spot.