Thread: My 1st Crestie!

Thanks

Default My 1st Crestie!

Hello!

I've been reading around here for a while, among other places, researching cresties and I finally went out and bought my first crestie today. I can't tell you how excited I am! Here is a picture, let me know what you think. It is the picture form the stores website, not my own. I'll be getting some of my own soon. He is still sitting in the cup I he came home in that is inside his cage. Hopefully tonight he will wonder out and check out his new home. I hope I can attach he picture ok.

Extreme Harley, partial pinstripe. I thought he was a steal for $75
    Last edited by Madtown Cresties; 08-07-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Thanks

Gorgeous!!!! He was a steal! And also welcome to the addition From VA!
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

Aw. He's a good looking boy.

Thanks

Any chance "Madtown" refers to Madison, Wisconsin? If so, I might be able to tell you a little bit about that gecko.

Gary
    Gary Hamann
    Ridge and Valley Reptiles

www.ridgeandvalleyreptiles.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sciteacher View Post
    Any chance "Madtown" refers to Madison, Wisconsin? If so, I might be able to tell you a little bit about that gecko.

Gary
    Indeed it is referring to Madison. And I think I have heard of you from the place I bought this little guy. I think he originally came from you!

Anyway, this question is for anyone but perhaps you could provide a little more insight knowing the background of this little guy.

In a year or two, definitely not anytime soon, I will most likely want to get into breeding to expand my collection and see what kind of projects I can get into. Since I want to get 2-3 females to go with this guy sometime in the next week, I need to think about what morphs/traits I want to breed with this little guy now (even though it won't be for a year or two). So any suggestions? There is not much out there as far as what morphs should/could be bred together.

Thanks!

Thanks

If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at this thread... http://pangeareptile.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25549
    Those are pictures taken by the original buyer back in May and show his colors a little more accurately than your posted picture. He came from my pinstripe group, but didn't get a real high percentage pinstripe. He's got the genetics, so he might do well with some pinstripe females, but what I really like about him is his bright white sides. If I was trying to start a project with him, that's what I'd focus on.

Gary
    Gary Hamann
    Ridge and Valley Reptiles

www.ridgeandvalleyreptiles.com

Thanks

This is a neat thread. It's a small crested world!

Congrats on the new gecko!

Thanks

congrats on your first crestie! &he's a beautiful boy i'd definitely stay a steal, most of mine were babies from pet stores that turned into beauties so i never paid more than $50, actually $65 once! but welcome to pangea