Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of starting my first breeding season next year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of starting my first breeding season next year!

After finding some snazzy tubs at home Depot to replace my exo terras (they're just too heavy for me) which are practically the same size, and with Malakai almost up to weight (he's about 35g now, Snapshot is 40g) and both coming up on 2 yrs of age (Snap I think is a bit older) I'm started to prep myself for babs!

I purchased Snapshot back in the middle of 2016 with full intentions of her being my female breeder. I already knew I wanted to breed down the road when we had more space. Malakai was purchased with the intent of being her boytoy (lol). My goal is to hopefully produce some killer Orange creamsicles. It's my favorite color of all cresties. I think Malakai has fully sank into his adult coloration (a kid of deep rusty orange with bold creams) and Snapshot is a nice light orange with cream. Malakai has some quad-stripe trait as well and is a full pinner.

I really need to get some updated photos @_@

ANYWHO

Fellow breeders, what are some neat tips/tricks/secrets you'd be willing to share? What are some things you thought you had planned for but completely surprised you? Or something you didn't plan for cus you didn't think you'd need to that popped up? Favorite hatching media? How do you organize babies? What about shipping? Were you super paranoid the first time you shipped off a baby? Worried they wouldn't make it even though you knew you packed it perfectly?

I have one of those 'bead organizer' boxes i see a lot of people use. Still need to drill a few holes in the lid, but thats what I plan to put eggs in. Have dry erase markers to write over the squares. I'll be getting some bins made up in the next month.

Have some old photos of Malakai and Snapshot for tease <3

Click image for larger version

Name:	Malakai6.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1106745

Name:	Snapshot26.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1106744

Fired down pic of Malakai cus I think it's the coolest shit ever:

Name:	Malakai11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1106746

PS. Tiny is still here, yes. He's turning into a little harly stunner <3 at the moment though I have no intentions of using him as a breeder unless I hatch a gecko that would pair will with him.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Love your l'il beauties! I can't help with the breeding stuff, but I am curious about the tub you found - could you post a photo? I'm looking for a different tank for my garg - I want to move him to a different tank, but I'm limited for space - I'm looking for something that will fit in a 12x16 space, but has more height to it than the 12x12x18.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sterilit...9604/204588005

it's like... 18x20x20 or something like that. Its almost the same size as an 18x18x24 exo
      Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
      Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
      1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Comment

Working...
      X