Gutloading dubias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutloading dubias

My gargoyle, e. agricolae, and Cuban false chameleon all like dubias. What are some of the best things I can give the dubias to gutload them? I dust with Zoo Med's Repti Calcium, but want to make sure I'm making healthy choices for gut-loading as well. I keep a colony of about 250 dubias, and we shop every 2 weeks, so it's hard to keep fruit and veggies fresh that long, and in quantities that work for that small amount, and still have some variation.

I bought some Grub Pie and Grubs 'n' Fruit, but none of the geckos seem to like it much; would it be OK to feed that to the roaches?
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

I feed my dubia chick starter, and small amounts of various fruits and vegetables. Many people come up with various complex recipes, but I don't know that it's based on any solid research. I don't feel that complex recipes are necessary.
    I've never understood why the term "gutload" is necessary. I know what it means, but don't people normally feed their insect cultures nutritious items on an ongoing basis?

Comment

Working...
    X