Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you tell when a Female is receptive to Breeding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you tell when a Female is receptive to Breeding?

How can you tell when a female is ready/willing to breed?
    I have this one female that I have tried to breed last season and she rejected both males and I gave up due to inexperience and not wanting to force something that just wasnt going to happen. Then this year, Ive been slowly introducing her to another male, she was very aggressive toward him and bite him, so I stopped, and waited awhile, she just recently laid some duds, and I put him in with her again and they immediatly bred, no aggression from her at all, she let him breed with her? what made her attitude change, was it because she just laid eggs? Is that a possible correlation?
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

You never got an answer to this, and I don't have one, but was wondering if your female is doing well, and if you separated right after the mating, or if they stayed together for a few days with no aggression?
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

I seperated 30 minutes after mating, just because I did not want risk her returning to being aggressive lol
      Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

Comment

I unfortunately have never had this problem for others and myself to learn from, anyway... My female I just purchased for breeding (should be ready, 35g) but is displaying similar behaviour towards my male (no biting though), who has tried to lock with her several times but she won’t let him. She is just extremely vocal and uses body language indicating that she is not wanting or ready to breed. How did it work out for your female? If you don’t mind, can you walk me through what you may have done?
        Thank you so much in advance!! Good luck with your geckos!!!

Comment

Working...
        X