Partial tail drop (photos attached)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial tail drop (photos attached)

I was getting Rosie out for some photos today and must have scared her in the process I feel awful about it. She started to drop her tail but didn't do it all the way. Some of the muscle where she severed it is sticking out (the hair on it is a cat hair, she fell on the floor after jumping away), but the rest of the tail is still attached and is moving around fine. I did some searching to see if there was a similar topic and found one where the gecko's tail started to drop but made a clean enough sever that it was able to heal up on its own without issues. In this case, I'm not sure that'll happen since the muscle actually came out (and it's definitely not going back in). Anyone else had this happen or have any advice? I'm wondering if it would be best for her tail to just come all the way off at this point due to the potential healing issues, but I'm also kind of hoping that won't be necessary.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0372_w.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1095001Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0379_w.jpg
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1095002Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0447_w.jpg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1095003

Looks like her tail came all the way off on its own at some point while I was gone this evening, so nevermind! Hopefully she'll be fine now

Comment

Good to hear she is OK now, even though the process was stressful for both of you!
      3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Working...
      X