Breeder loan contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeder loan contract

Anyone have a contract they're willing to share for other people to tweak and use? I'm loaning one of my males out and I'm not sure where to start with the contract. Any help is appreciated!
    Element Geckos
    Rachel Squier
    https://www.facebook.com/elementgeckos

Great question!! Looking forward to seeing the responses.
    5.4.9 Crested Gecko
    1.1.1 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0.0 Chahoua Gecko

Visit My FB page - Candy Box Geckos. Please give it a "LIKE" and mention you stopped by and I will visit your page as well.

Comment

I'm new at this also. We have decided since my female is going to stay with her she will get first pick of hatchlings an i will pick the nexted an so on. She will care for my female the eggs an hatchlings when they hatch. So saying this is why she gets firstppick.
      Crested geckos 4:5:15
      Chewie. 0:1:1

http://www.facebook.com/cjgeckos

Comment

Anyone have any answers for this question?
        5.4.9 Crested Gecko
        1.1.1 Gargoyle Gecko
        1.0.0 Chahoua Gecko

Visit My FB page - Candy Box Geckos. Please give it a "LIKE" and mention you stopped by and I will visit your page as well.

Comment

I think as long as the basics, like how long the gecko would be on loan and liability if anything were to happen to the gecko, things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by crgecko View Post
            I'm new at this also. We have decided since my female is going to stay with her she will get first pick of hatchlings an i will pick the nexted an so on. She will care for my female the eggs an hatchlings when they hatch. So saying this is why she gets firstppick.
            I am the other half of this loan. In the 2015 season I will be having Tainted Snow here on loan for one of my males. Since I am caring for the eggs, female, and babies I will get first pick after all the babies have hatched, crgecko gets second pick, and so on. As for if Tainted Snow dies while residing here, we haven't set a price yet but I feel it's the fairest thing to have a set price before the gecko is sent. This is my first time with a loan but I've talked with some gecko friends and have gotten opinions and such. From what I have heard this is a nut shell of the fairest way.
            Mary Frizzell
            Check out my Facebook page at "Good Luck Geckos"

Comment

Thanks for your answers.

Comment

Big recommendation - be as open & communicative as possible or you could be in for a huge headache. Whoever is hatching the eggs, take pics of them as they're laid/found in laybox, and take pics of the hatchlings once they emerge. Even if you are waiting for them all to hatch before dividing them. If you are holding them all until end of season, the one holding the hatchlings should consider being willing to give quick monthly photo updates.

Also, consider talking about having a distinct cut-off date where the second person gets any say in whose hatchlings are whose. IE, since these guys can store sperm over winter, if the female stops laying on September 1, goes into cooling, and is paired with a new male on March 1 of the following year, but lays eggs on March 2, will there be issues if the person providing the male is disincluded from the offspring...
                JBsCresties.com & Facebook & Instagram, oh my

Comment

Oh, I also forgot:
                  discuss ahead of time what will be done about any animals hatched with deformities, and possibly what constitutes a 'deformity' to each of you.

Also, what will happen in the case of an odd number of hatchlings. I think it's fair for the person keeping care of the geckos through the season to take on the extra if that occurs, as a kind of payment, but you may also consider selling the odd gecko and splitting the payment.

Finally, discuss ahead of time what will happen if an outstanding aberration occurs (ie, healthy albino hatchling). The chances are next to nil, but it helps to have things down in writing anyway.
                  JBsCresties.com & Facebook & Instagram, oh my

Comment

Thanks so much jb for your help an advice on the subject. Helps with questions an answers both of us may of had. An also gives use something to talk about with are self. Glad we are doing this nexted yr.

Comment

Working...
                    X