Yay! So happy it worked! Pictures?

Leave a comment:

• BThomas
    replied
    thanks so much for the reply. i tried the rolling method and it worked

Leave a comment:

• GoodLuckGeckos
    replied
    I would neither cut it or leave it alone. I have tried this before and it is a safe, working method for the second egg of the clutch to hatch- the rolling method. Meg @ The Gecko Alchemist made a video of it but I'm having trouble with the link. You take out the egg and put it in the palm of your hand, then with your index finger gently roll it in your palm. You can also hold it between your index finger and thumb and roll it in between the two. Another thing that you can also do is gently rub the outside of the egg.

All of these will tell the second baby "hey, sibling's out. Time to wake up!" As in the wild they feel the clutch mate move the egg and they leave together because it's safer than leaving alone. Because the first baby of the clutch already hatched it means that this baby should be ready to hatch and this will stimulate it to hatch without any complications. Hope this works for you!

Leave a comment:

• BThomas
    started a topic Should I Cut This Egg?

Should I Cut This Egg?

I have an egg at 73 days today. Its clutchmate hatched out last night and i was wondering if i should cut this egg..
    Is it normal for clutchmates to hatch a few days or so apart?
    This is an egg that i was worried about anyway cause i dropped it a couple weeks back so im not sure if that would have hurt the baby or not.

Im not real fond of the idea of cutting the egg open. Its something i would rather not do unless necessary. This is my first season breeding so i dont have much experience in this area
Working...
X