first crestie eggs and a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first crestie eggs and a question

i have 2 clutches now of eggs from my first time breeding pretty excited.. all 4 eggs look good, nice and white and all have the little red cheerio when candled
    but im concerned about the incubation temp. i have them in a ziplock container of superhatch sitting in the gecko room but the ac in our home is kinda horrible so tenps fluctuate anywhere from 74-78 depending on time of day. i know its ideal to keep them at a constant temp but does anyone know what happens to eggs that are fluctuated like that? will they still hatch ok? the only other option id have is to buy an incubator but i wanna know if you guys think thats absolutely necessary for me to be able to breed successfully before i make that plunge.

Thanks
    Beth
    www.facebook.com/crestedcanvas
    email: crestedcanvas@yahoo.com

nobody?

Comment

I wonder this too. Maybe buy a styrofoam cooler and fit it with an ice pack?
      Last edited by savannah blue; 07-09-2014, 11:46 AM. Reason: Spelling
      4.24.0 Crested Geckos
      0.2.0 Leopard Gecko

FB: Geckos by Design

Comment

The temperature changing a lot doesn't affect egg's hatching. At least in my case it hasn't affected it at all and I had my 3rd egg of the season hatch today. I have an incubator that only can heat and I have that set to turn on whenever its below 72F and I have the house air conditioner set to only turn on at 78F to cool it back down. I have had it occasionally drop to 68F and reach 80F, at these temps you need to turn your air conditioning or heater on, possibly use ice pack etc and change location but I don't worry about the eggs between 72F and 78F. For me it frequently fluctuate's between those temps due to the temp outside. However, the more time spent at a higher temp quicker the eggs will hatch and the more time spent at cooler temps the longer the eggs take.

Comment

Perhaps check on the temps in your closets. They tend to maintain a cooler temp and not fluctuate like the rest of the house.

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
          1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

thanks inventor thats what i wanted to hear
            i will check temps in closets also

Comment

Working...
            X