Female crested digging, possibly going to lay eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female crested digging, possibly going to lay eggs

Hello, I have noticed my female has been gravid for a few days now. I picked her up a bit ago and she was in with a male but she kept laying duds (the male seemed not interested in her) and so I quarantined her for a while and she's been in with the new male about 2 weeks or so and he is clearly interested in her lol. So like I said she is gravid and this morning instead of going in her lay box she is inside of one of her hides and started digging & tore the paper towels up. I'm going to guess that's a sign she's going to lay the eggs very soon? Also is there a chance that they might be a good clutch? She's had about 5 clutches and none have been good so far.

Without candling, no way to know this. If they are fertile, they are from the previous male. Now that she has been paired with another, you won't know who the sire is.

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
    1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

1 fertile and the other doesnt look fertile. Im not really worried about the sire because this is just a learning experience before i really get into trying to breed.

Comment

Working...
      X