Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percy- pigeon
    replied
    Do you know, that scientists have now found that gecko's produce a glue on their feet. Maybe yours produces a super glue

Leave a comment:

• Kris Anderson
    replied
    I wonder if it's a trait that can be bred for. Wouldn't that be interesting, to have a line of cresteds with super sticky feet? Well, I guess time will tell if any of his future offspring will exhibit the trait.

Leave a comment:

• Muffins94
    replied
    I have the same thing! One of my geckos has such sticky feet!! And it's constant too, in/out of shed. It is so weird how one has more stickiness to it than the others.

Leave a comment:

• Kris Anderson
    started a topic Adult Crestie TOO sticky?

Adult Crestie TOO sticky?

I know this is the opposite of a normal sticking question...but my newest addition, an adult male crestie, is the stickiest, clingyest thing ever! (I know it's an electrical force, but sticky is the easiest way to describe it.) Is there even a possibility that he could have some type of exaggerated Van der Waals force?

On every surface, this guy is just incredible. His feet and toes are really huge and wide, as well. He sticks to everything so tight! Most of the time I cannot even pull him off of the surface he is on without worrying about hurting him. I have 8 other cresties, but none of them are as sticky as he is at all! He's a sweet guy, and moves around normally from what I can see, so I don't think his extra stickiness is a problem at all, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had experience with this?

I know it is not just simply that he's scared and doesn't want to let go of things. When he climbs on me, or is even just sitting in place on me, I feel the sticky tingly feeling so much more powerful than I can with my others, which I don't really feel at all with. But with him, you can actually FEEL the tingly stickiness, it's like my skin is a magnet and his toes are another magnet sticking on. It's just so weird!

I've had him for about a month. He has settled in well. He eats like a pig! He is currently being treated for pinworms, and his appetite has gone down a bit, which I take as a good sign that the worm treatment is working cause he doesn't have to eat as much to get all the nutrients any more, so he's doing good, and is well on his way to being a healthy big beautiful boy.

I wish I could show you guys his extra stickiness somehow, but I don't know how in the world I could show it in comparison to another gecko in a way you guys could see, because it's mostly just the feeling. But maybe I'll think of something that can show it in some type of measurable way. He'll be done with his treatment and quarantine in a little over two weeks, and maybe then I can compare him to my other cresties in some kind of stickiness test.
Working...
X