Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Year Breeding

Good morning everyone,

So, I wanted to pair up my two adult cresteds this year and paired Ryu with Minette (pictured below) because I love yellow spotty geckos. The pairing was a bit successful with Minette laying eggs back on March 4th. They both seemed fertile and I put them in some hatchrite. One egg went bad and the other is still incubating (I see something, and will post a picture to get opinions). However, she has yet to lay any more eggs this season and does not look gravid.

The question I have is this: Should I put them together again to see if they mate once more? I would love to hatch a few babies and I realize this is her first season and want to see how it goes.

Ryu
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ryuballs.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1092763

Minette
    Click image for larger version

Name:	lizards 216.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1092764

If she's a new breeder, it's not uncommon for her to have an irregular lay pattern. You can reintroduce the pair and see how it goes. Good luck!
    Specializing in Crested Geckos
    Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
    Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
    Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

yes, it wouldn't hurt to put them together again, but I dont think you need to. It took mine a looooooooong time to lay eggs again, so you probably just need to wait
      Follower of Jesus

Comment

I figured being her first year it'd be a bit off. I'm trying to be patient, but it's not always easy! The one egg I do have from her just hit the 90day mark. Thanks for the input!

Comment

You're welcome! I know what you mean about waiting, I was impatient after only two weeks with my gecko hah
          Follower of Jesus

Comment

Working...
          X