Crested egg laying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crested egg laying

My season has started well, except one female. I acquired this female 9 months ago, all appearances seems healthy. She eats very well and scales at 47 grams. The problem is she has layed 3 times this season average 27 days apart and each time a single egg. She is not egg bound and none of these eggs have been fertile. Could she be over the hill per say for laying or could this be a male issue? First time running into this and can't find much info on this type of situation. So any info from more experienced breeders would help.

Is she a proven breeder or first timer? I have been told newbies can lay singles and it just happens.

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
    1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

No real previous history. Could be first breeding season.

Comment

It's not abnormal to lay single eggs for a few months, especially if they are new breeders. It's less common for a female to lay only one year after year; that's a sign she may only have one working ovary or has some kind of blockage in her oviduct. Most females you'll find available will be still young enough to breed. There are several examples of 10+ year old females still breeding! Even some of the originals from 1994 are rumored to still be breeding and that's 20 years now.
        Specializing in Crested Geckos
        Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
        Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
        Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

Wow Spyral! Amazing!!!

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
          1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

Working...
          X