Happy noises vs. "get off me" noises from female cresteds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy noises vs. "get off me" noises from female cresteds

Hey all! This is my first season breeding so, although I've heard female crested vocalizations before and am familiar with them, I'm not sure what the difference is between a "come hither" sound and an annoyed "I'm gravid already leave me alone!!" sound. Are they pretty much the same? I've had my male and female together in a tub as well as in a tank and witnessed no successful activity at all... the male is a bit clueless. I'm sure it's possible he could have snagged her overnight, but considering his bahavior I have significant doubts. Both are virgin. However when he does approach her and seems to get a clue, the female acts quite irritated and tries to leave. I know the tail wiggling can be a normal mating ritual but I'm just wondering if she's throwing off all advances or that's just typical for cresteds.

Thanks!
    http://www.facebook.com/RainyDayGeckos

Sounds like she's telling him off. If she were interested, she wouldn't try to leave.
    3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

well happy sounds are like Doi doi doido doi doi doi and annoyed sounds are like eef eef mph mphh mei eef
      Follower of Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaru View Post
        well happy sounds are like Doi doi doido doi doi doi and annoyed sounds are like eef eef mph mphh mei eef
        Lol.

The female will often run away regardless. Tail wagging and chirping are signals that they are possibly about to mate. I have a virgin pair that I don't know if they mated or not but the female has put on 5 grams in like a week and half so I think she is fertile and carrying eggs.

Comment

How big/old is your girl?
          https://www.facebook.com/Creptileroom

Comment

Originally posted by InventorReptiles View Post
            The female will often run away regardless.
            I haven't seen that, but I've only seen matings with 2 females. One of the females was definitely interested in the male and would always approach him first, sniff him, lick him, etc. The other was more passive but she generally didn't run away, either. Sometimes she chirped at him, but she didn't take off.
            3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Originally posted by Treebiscuit View Post
              I haven't seen that, but I've only seen matings with 2 females. One of the females was definitely interested in the male and would always approach him first, sniff him, lick him, etc. The other was more passive but she generally didn't run away, either. Sometimes she chirped at him, but she didn't take off.
              I'd say its pretty special that a female was interested in mating. Their are females are are highly receptive but in my experience and what I've seen many females tend to not want to go along with the male, at least not until the male has a good grip. Once the male gets himself situated the female will often be receptive.

Comment

My female would always approach my male first.. But I'm not sure if they mated, she is getting fatter and I feel eggs. and she is non receptive now.
                Correlophus ciliatus x5 (Bella, mango, tiny, butterscotch and daisy, and yes daisy is a boy)

Mniargekko Chahoua x1 (Java chip)

Rhombodera stalli x5

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaru View Post
                  Laughing so hard at this...
                  Akamaru, that's the best crestie impression I've ever seen!
                  Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

3.3 crested geckos: Turkish, Sollux, Pyx, Buttercup, Dandelion, and Jem.

Comment

Originally posted by George? View Post
                    Laughing so hard at this...
                    Akamaru, that's the best crestie impression I've ever seen!
                    Lol Thanks!
                    Follower of Jesus

Comment

Working...
                    X