Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reptilady
    replied
    This thread is from last year, it was only brought back up because I was asking the OP if they had any updates on the gecko because I am having similar issues.

Leave a comment:

• JumpinJewels
    replied
    I would consider getting the gecko on another diet myself. Your husbandry sounds fine otherwise, so diet would be the next consideration. You can put some calcium without D3 in one of your caps for the gecko to find. the gecko may have issues absorbing calcium. Is the jaw normal looking?

Leave a comment:

• Treebiscuit
    replied
    Have you been supplementing his diet with extra calcium? He may require a little more than normal for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Reptilady
    replied
    This is the exact problem that I am having with my newest gecko... any updates on your situation?

Leave a comment:

• Swancici
    replied
    Some pictures but the kinked got better. Also not very good pictures it don't show how messed up it is.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Swancici
    replied
    Is there anything else I can do? I may need to take him to the vet?

Leave a comment:

• BlackRoze
    replied
    I've heard two things about kinked tails, one is that it can be caused by incorrect humidity levels, the second is that he's developing MBD. If its looking kinked on the outside it probably looks a lot worse bone-structure wise. If it started showing the kinking a week after you got him, I'd think it's something that he's had from the breeder.

Leave a comment:

• Swancici
    replied
    Yes I do and always make sure it's full.

I use bottle caps from vitamin water there pretty big caps washed.

So the exact dated I revived him was June 14. A week later his tail started to become kinked. He is housed alone the rest of him seems normal. I will get pictures of it plus enclosure ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• Spyral
    replied
    Do you provide a water bowl?

Leave a comment:

• Swancici
    replied
    It all started about a week after I had him. I am guessing I had him for 4-5weeks not 3-4weeks. At the time I though his tail was going like that due to stress of traveling and new home. But now I have no idea.

Leave a comment:

• Swancici
    replied
    The breeder I received them from breed him them selves. They feed him repashy crested gecko diet and crickets dusted and gut loaded. There a very good breeder the others 3 I revived from him are not having problems.

Yes since I had him I have 3 saunas beginning of June I believe can't remember the date I got him

Leave a comment:

• Emmy
    replied
    Your husbandry sounds perfectly fine, and it is possible this was a pre-existing condition that is just now becoming apparent. Did the previous owner dust and gutload the crickets before they were fed to him?
    I have heard of kinked tails appearing when the animal is dehydrated. I'd give him a nice sauna just to make sure this isn't the case.

Leave a comment:

• Swancici
    started a topic Kinked tail help

Kinked tail help

Hi there,

I have a male 38g a year old. Who is developing a very kinked tail since I had him 3 weeks ago.
    He came from a very good breeder and the rest of geckos I received are doing awesome.
    Handling I left him alone for two weeks and only a couple times I have brought him out. Very docile and frendly gecko.
    Set up
    28 gallon lots of foliage with paper towel and once a week cleaning.
    Temp 68-75f
    Humidity goes to 80-90%at night drops 48-50% during the day.

For feeding I use repashy crested gecko diet 1 part powder 2 part water.
    I put it in at night and change evey second night. He eats like a pig always has his dish clean and poops.

So I really have no idea why this is happening. The only thing I can think of is before he came to me he was eatting crickets.

Any help?
Working...
X