Is there 'stargazing' is cresties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there 'stargazing' is cresties?

Hi guys, im curious. Have any of you come across an animal that has habits similar to stargazing in enigma leopard geckos and spider ball pythons?
    I have a girl who likes to stare at the ceiling when i'm holding her. She can aim and jump and hunt just fine, its just when she is sitting on my hands she will look up and back as if she sees something above or behind her (this will make her want to back up sometimes, almost off my hand).

any opinions?
    2.2.4.4 Crested Gecko ( Panchi, Cobar, Jodhaa, Mocha, Poe, Durc, Tivonan, & Stelona.)
    0.1 Leopard Gecko ( Mehndi )
    1.0 Tokay Gecko ( Ralphie )
    2.0 Dogs ( Mel, Buck )
    0.4 Cats ( Koyo, Lupin, Hope, Flop-Tail )

I have noticed one of my geckos doing this too. Female as well.
    1.1.1 Crested Geckos
    0.2 Dogs 1.1 Kittens

Facebook
    iHerp

Comment

I've had juvies do this, but mine grew out of it I guess. They would stare straight up and either back up or jump with no planned landing spot.
      iherp
      facebook

Comment

I've seen them do it on occasion, although my cresties seem to be a lot more sensitive to the movement of shadows and light than my leos. Also, because they are climbers it seems likely that they're looking for a place to jump.
        Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
        :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Comment

Ah ok. I agree with all of you. I did some research on true stargazing and it doesn't seem the same, more like they just find something very interesting above them. LOL
          Mine doesn't spin in circles or keep her head tilted all the time, and when she is in her tank she doesn't do this at all so i don't think it is.
          2.2.4.4 Crested Gecko ( Panchi, Cobar, Jodhaa, Mocha, Poe, Durc, Tivonan, & Stelona.)
          2.0 Dogs ( Mel, Buck )

Comment

I have seen it, but I think it is just derpy, silly geckos, not a neurological disorder
            Roxanne
            and the zoo
            www.geckoluv.com

Comment

Originally posted by rhatfield View Post
              I have seen it, but I think it is just derpy, silly geckos, not a neurological disorder
              Yes. I have certainly noticed that some of my geckos appear more intelligent than others.

Comment

Thanks guys! Im feeling much better now about my derpy kid :P LOL
                2.0 Dogs ( Mel, Buck )

Comment

Working...
                X