Gargoyle gecko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gargoyle gecko

I got him in august, and he is just not doing well. He is either in complete hiding, or hanging on the top of the cage bright white and petrified. He hasn't been eating unless we hand feed him, and even then he gets so stressed out. We've been trying to leave him be so he can get use to his environment. But I'm starting to get worried. He refuses to eat crickets, and is starting to look very skinny. I would call him sub-adult size.

We put new food in his tank every other day, and spray it down every night.

I just don't know what else to do to help him.
    2.3.0 R.Ciliatus
    1.1.1 R.Auriculatus
    1.1.0 P.Pictus
    0.1.0 E.Macularius
    0.1.0 T.Horsfieldii
    0.1.0 A.Albiventris

You could get a fecal sample done to check for any parasites.

6.9.4.7 R. Ciliatus
    1.0.0 Brooksi King

1.1.0 Pantherophis guttatus

AM Exotics

Comment

From what I have found from personal experience with mine as well as talking to several individuals locally with Gargs is that some can be notoriously difficult to settle in. Mine took about 3 weeks before he'd eat on his own, and another one took over a month. During this time, any handling/interaction seems to be too stressful for them and will delay their settling in.

How old is your Garg?
      Have you been weighing him to see if he's actually loosing weight?
      How did you attempt to hand feed him?
      Can you describe his enclosure i.e. hides/vines/foliage etc?
      ~Cassi

www.facebook.com/NaturesAuraPhotography

Comment

I haven't been weighing him, because he freaks out and suicide jumps out of my hand anytime I try to handle him. But you can see the weight loss.
        I tried to hold him, palm open with him sitting on it, and put a little food on his nose.

And his enclosure is a 20 gal, set long ways, with a vine, fern, log hide, and some plants on the ground, with jungle mix fiber.
        2.3.0 R.Ciliatus
        1.1.1 R.Auriculatus
        1.1.0 P.Pictus
        0.1.0 E.Macularius
        0.1.0 T.Horsfieldii
        0.1.0 A.Albiventris

Comment

I got 4 garg hatchlings a few months back and one settled instantly and two others are still a little on edge and eat but not as well as the other two. I just moved those to smaller enclosures so they cant expend as much energy and are more prone to eat with a constant food source nearby.
          Thank You! -
          I have a lot of geckos......... I stopped counting.
          http://www.geckodome.com

Comment

Working...
          X