Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden underbite in juvie Leachie?

Hi everyone!

My boyfriend was holding my leachie and when he handed her to me (he was worried she'd poop on him) I noticed that she has an underbite!

It's getting colder up in the northeast, but I hate being cold so my apt has stayed at a steady 72-80 throughout the day and night... she always has water available and I mist her at least once a day..

As of tonight she is 36.5 grams, eating CGD 3.0 only and living in an X-LG KK... She had worms a few months ago, but I took her to the vet and got that cleared up. She's been active, out and about during the day and night. Her appetite has been steady... Nothing has changed in her habitat recently...

She is gaining weight, and has put on over 10g since the summer when she had worms...

Here are the pictures... she's my little princess and I don't know why this would happen!

Pardon the BF in the background of the first pic..

Sorry for the crappy photos, I can try to take better ones if they are needed!

EDIT: I was looking at pictures I took of her on 10/30 and this underbite was not present..
    Last edited by rmarkham; 11-07-2012, 11:44 PM.
    C. ciliatus- GreenBean, Mr. Red,
    R. leachianus- Dragonite
    M. chahoua- Oliver
    2 5G planted Betta tanks

Should I be worried/calling the vet to make an appointment?
    R. leachianus- Dragonite
    M. chahoua- Oliver
    2 5G planted Betta tanks

Comment

I've seen posts about slight over/underbites in growing cresties & chewies but with a little added calcium and proper husbandry (is the KK getting too small? I don't have a leachie) it should right itself over time. Sometimes it's just a growth spurt that has to even out. However if it doesn't start to reverse within 2 weeks or so, best to take her to a vet.

Good luck!
      Specializing in Crested Geckos
      Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
      Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
      Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

Thanks!

She's been putting a few grams recently (finally) and I'm hoping it's just a growth spurt..
        R. leachianus- Dragonite
        M. chahoua- Oliver
        2 5G planted Betta tanks

Comment

Working...
        X