Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limegreenartist
    replied
    just remember they do have two hemi penises i think so if he loses one its not the end of the world.....

Leave a comment:

• EverEvolvingExotics
    replied
    Thanks for the concern everyone. In Tucson we have one the best herp vets around, Dr. Samuels. He tried to put my leachianus's prolapse back in but it wouldn't stay. He ended up have to use some sutures to hold it in place. He looks like he is doing well and I will return back to the vet on Thursday to take out the sutures. If he prolapses again within the day he is going to have to amputate it, which will suck but I didn't plan on breeding him. I'm glad we got him to the vet and their prices were amazing. I'll keep you all updated what happens with him and thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Kate
    replied
    Good lucK and keep us posted!!!

Leave a comment:

• Misskiwi67
    replied
    Originally posted by eel588 View Post
    It seems to have become worse since last night. It is still pink but his hemipenes seem to be out even more. Tomorrow cannot come soon enough so I can take him to a qualified vet. I made sure the enclosure was well misted and put some more honey on it. No bueno.
    Its definitely prolapsed then, and its becoming swollen because the bloodflow isn't normal. This is where the honey is important, it keeps things moist, helps draw out excessive fluid, and also has some antibacterial properties.

Here's a summary of a gecko of mine that prolapsed:
    http://www.harleygecko.com/care.htm

Leave a comment:

• limegreenartist
    replied
    oh dear oh dear thinking of your little well big guy ....

Leave a comment:

• RhacGod
    replied
    definitely a male u cane see the pores they look like bubble wit a little spec in them

Leave a comment:

• EverEvolvingExotics
    replied
    It seems to have become worse since last night. It is still pink but his hemipenes seem to be out even more. Tomorrow cannot come soon enough so I can take him to a qualified vet. I made sure the enclosure was well misted and put some more honey on it. No bueno.

Leave a comment:

• Boanyoo
    replied
    Hahaha i totally feel you! XD its a great place to come too with worries with all the amazing people here. ^^

Thank you, I'm just the over worried gecko dad. This is the place to vent your concerns, haha.

Leave a comment:

• EverEvolvingExotics
    replied
    Originally posted by meg90 View Post
    Definitely a good idea to post! It helps to be told things will be ok. I had a shadow-hunting crested get a mouth full of eco earth once--I posted a HALP thread and I think that was my first time in chat LOL. I had her in a hospital bin too, in about 5 mins flat.

I think his bidnuss will be back where it belongs by morning and hopefully he doesn't think he'll get honey every time

Showing worry just means you're a good keeper! Sending good vibes your way!
    Thanks Meg! I appreciate the good vibes.

Leave a comment:

• meg90
    replied
    Definitely a good idea to post! It helps to be told things will be ok. I had a shadow-hunting crested get a mouth full of eco earth once--I posted a HALP thread and I think that was my first time in chat LOL. I had her in a hospital bin too, in about 5 mins flat.

I think his bidnuss will be back where it belongs by morning and hopefully he doesn't think he'll get honey every time

Showing worry just means you're a good keeper! Sending good vibes your way!

Leave a comment:

• EverEvolvingExotics
    replied
    Originally posted by Boanyoo View Post
    (this is after my first post, sorry if I'm repeating everyone else ><; )

Ahh i feel you hun. Snakes look way different, and this does look different than a crested normally does (I'm assuming they are extremely similar) but they can range in shape and size depending on if that animal is aroused, just copulated, and situations like this where it is accidental.

and i think as long as you keep your little one in a really clean environment and you keep a good eye on his "business", i think it will be fine. :3
    Thank you, I'm just the over worried gecko dad. This is the place to vent your concerns, haha.

Leave a comment:

• Boanyoo
    replied
    I'm used to ball python's small hemipenes and all the pictures online are of cresteds/leos. I've never seen it look like this. Thanks for the correction, any ideas of what else I should do?
    (this is after my first post, sorry if I'm repeating everyone else ><; )

Ahh i feel you hun. Snakes look way different, and this does look different than a crested normally does (I'm assuming they are extremely similar) but they can range in shape and size depending on if that animal is aroused, just copulated, and situations like this where it is accidental.

and i think as long as you keep your little one in a really clean environment and you keep a good eye on his "business", i think it will be fine. :3

Leave a comment:

• EverEvolvingExotics
    replied
    I agree about leachies, very confusing with sexing.

I just checked on him and he is licking the honey and hopefully getting the hemipenes back in. I guess now that I know I have 2 males next to each other, as well as a room full of other geckos and snakes that may be the reason. I will keep you guys updated. I have to work early, but I'm not going to be able to go to sleep anytime soon. Time to open a beer and wait...

Originally posted by meg90 View Post
    Have you peeked at him recently to see if its still out? I think he will be fine. Male cresteds often pull their parts out (sometimes even during photoshoots) and they are almost always fine. It doesn't look dark, or dry or inflamed to me in anyway.

Were you handling other geckos, any female geckos, before you handled him? Something's scent could have easily set him off.

Pores are tricky business. There are no hard or fast rules. Leachie bulges can also be a bit weirder to spot. How big is this fella? I'm gonna scroll up to see if you posted that already-

Leave a comment:

• meg90
    replied
    Have you peeked at him recently to see if its still out? I think he will be fine. Male cresteds often pull their parts out (sometimes even during photoshoots) and they are almost always fine. It doesn't look dark, or dry or inflamed to me in anyway.

Were you handling other geckos, any female geckos, before you handled him? Something's scent could have easily set him off.

Pores are tricky business. There are no hard or fast rules. Leachie bulges can also be a bit weirder to spot. How big is this fella? I'm gonna scroll up to see if you posted that already-

Leave a comment:

• EverEvolvingExotics
    replied
    Thanks for the reassurance everyone! This is crazy.

The reason why I believed it to be a female not a male is because female leachianus have pseudo pores as well but I've read males need to have at least 5-6 solid rows of pores, this one only has three. My other one that is for sure a male has the 5-6 pores and I bought them together. I feel like I've done all I could and I'm glad I researched prolapses previous to this. I have high hopes that with the sterile tub, warm bath, and honey I'll wake up to it being fine. If not I'll continue to keep it moist.

I'm not sure if I should put food in the tub tonight because I don't want it to get Repashy all over.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X