No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY, Leachianus Prolapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to have become worse since last night. It is still pink but his hemipenes seem to be out even more. Tomorrow cannot come soon enough so I can take him to a qualified vet. I made sure the enclosure was well misted and put some more honey on it. No bueno.
    Formerly known as eel588, new name same great taste!

Comment

definitely a male u cane see the pores they look like bubble wit a little spec in them
      AJ

Comment

oh dear oh dear thinking of your little well big guy ....
        11.8.16.3 crested geckos

www.iherp.com/limegreenartist
        www.crestieicandy.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by eel588 View Post
          It seems to have become worse since last night. It is still pink but his hemipenes seem to be out even more. Tomorrow cannot come soon enough so I can take him to a qualified vet. I made sure the enclosure was well misted and put some more honey on it. No bueno.
          Its definitely prolapsed then, and its becoming swollen because the bloodflow isn't normal. This is where the honey is important, it keeps things moist, helps draw out excessive fluid, and also has some antibacterial properties.

Here's a summary of a gecko of mine that prolapsed:
          http://www.harleygecko.com/care.htm
          www.harleygecko.com : Color, Contrast, Structure
          Specializing in Harlequins and Pinstripes in Red, Cream and Yellow
          3.9.20+ crested geckos
          Harley - my first gecko, retired and spoiled
          Pickle - unsexed leachie

Comment

Good lucK and keep us posted!!!

Comment

Thanks for the concern everyone. In Tucson we have one the best herp vets around, Dr. Samuels. He tried to put my leachianus's prolapse back in but it wouldn't stay. He ended up have to use some sutures to hold it in place. He looks like he is doing well and I will return back to the vet on Thursday to take out the sutures. If he prolapses again within the day he is going to have to amputate it, which will suck but I didn't plan on breeding him. I'm glad we got him to the vet and their prices were amazing. I'll keep you all updated what happens with him and thanks again!
              Formerly known as eel588, new name same great taste!

Comment

just remember they do have two hemi penises i think so if he loses one its not the end of the world.....
                11.8.16.3 crested geckos

www.iherp.com/limegreenartist
                www.crestieicandy.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
                X