Crestie Sneezing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crestie Sneezing?

Osiris sounds like he is sneezing.. I've only had one other gecko do that, Spike. He did it a day after we siliconed pieces of glass in an exo terra to section it. I removed him for an extra day, and he hasn't "sneezed" since. Osiris is doing it a lot tonight, and I don't know how to help him immediately or if I can since I won't be able to get him to a vet til my next day off (next week). Any advice?
    iHerp: http://tinyurl.com/MyiHerp & Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/HarleyandCharlie
    Correlophus ciliatus - 17.15.13
    Gekko gecko - 0.1.0
    Ambystoma mexicanum - 1.1.0
    Cynops orientalis - 0.0.2

Not sure if you have Osiris in a newly siliconed tank or not, sounds like it was a one-time issue with Spike. However, if you do have him in a tank with a new piece of glass glued in, if the silicone hasn't cured yet, it's possible it's giving off fumes that are irritating. If there's not a lot of ventilation in the tank, it takes longer to cure.

However, if he's not around any other environmental irritants he could have a respiratory issue. Unless he continues to sneeze or worsens in other way, I think you might be able to wait til next week for a vet visit.
    Specializing in Crested Geckos
    Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
    Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
    Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

if its not the tank it could be to dry for them, you can try raising the humidity a little to see if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by nsime View Post
        if its not the tank it could be to dry for them, you can try raising the humidity a little to see if that helps
        I had this issue with one of my geckos, when it was terribly dry in my apartment this winter. Try giving him a nice sauna, and see if that helps, and make sure your humidity is high enough. But if it gets worse, or continues, a trip to the vet can't hurt.
        C. ciliatus- GreenBean, Mr. Red,
        R. leachianus- Dragonite
        M. chahoua- Oliver
        2 5G planted Betta tanks

Comment

Working...
        X