HELP! Crested gecko got his leg caught in cage lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Crested gecko got his leg caught in cage lid

I just found that one of my crested geckos got his leg caught inbetween the cage top and lid. I believe he has been this way for the last two days. It looks as though he has no use of the leg because the circulation was cut off. Im not sure what to do and will he survive this? Even if he loses the leg? He is just a juvenile. Any help would be great!

Bryan

Take him to a vet ASAP.
    crested geckos 1.2.0 Buddy, Annabella, Olive
    Cat 0.1.0 Bailey

Comment

Vet visit asap
      Thank You! -
      I have a lot of geckos......... I stopped counting.
      http://www.geckodome.com

Comment

Two days??? Why was it caught for two days?? ^^^ Vet
        Lisa

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. Gecko rounds go out daily in my household, so of there are any issues I know immediately. But I agree, a vet visit is needed.
          3.3.2.1 Crested Geckos, 1.0.0 Corn Snake, 0.0.1 Red Eyed Tree Frog, 2.0.1 Dogs, 1.0.0 Cat, 0.0.2 Rats

Comment

^ is why I was asking....I mist mine each night and make sure I get a glimpse of every one of them...If I can't see them I search for them. I myself have had accidents and resulting injuries....I closed the exo terra door on the tail of one of my juvies and he lost the end of his tail as a result...so not judging the accident at all...just concerned about two days caught in the door without being noticed??? How was that not seen when misting was done?
            Lisa

Comment

Go to vet.

Comment

any updates?
                2.1.3 cresteds, 1.0 coral snow, and 0.1 sunglow corn snake, 1.0 pastel ball python

Comment

Bella,
                  Mine are the same way. I actually mist twice daily. Once a good bit in the morning and then a smidge to keep my enclosures around 40-50% humidity at night. I'm not passing judgement either - just concerned as well. I see each gecko daily, and that's handling and just peeking in.

I would also like to see an update. I'm curious to see if the vets choose to amputate or if they think it will heal. Keeping my fingers crossed for the best!
                  3.3.2.1 Crested Geckos, 1.0.0 Corn Snake, 0.0.1 Red Eyed Tree Frog, 2.0.1 Dogs, 1.0.0 Cat, 0.0.2 Rats

Comment

how is he?

Comment

Hello? An update would be nice.
                      0. 1 Crested Gecko (Espi)
                      1.1 Border Collies (Kobi and Jade)
                      1.0 Guinea Pig (Bertie)
                      0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Iduna)

Comment

^^ agreed.
                        Lisa

Comment