Future Pairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Pairing

I have thought about pairing up this pair in the future such as next season... I have one pair already breeding and don't want more than one pair my first year in.
    The male would be... Bee he is a High contrast harly, possibly extreme harly.
    The female would be Kaidence which from what i can tell is a harly kinda wonky color as I haven't seen her fire she stays the pinkish color.
    I am going for harly with good structured babies and would be incubating eggs at low temps to help with this. As I know colors aren't a sure fire I am going more on the pattern and would be happy with either parents color in off spring. I am here asking for input on the pairing as I am new to pairing and looking to see which way I should go. Currently looking for a female that is high contrast as well to pair with Bee as he is an outstanding colored gecko and I would love to produce some offspring such as him.

Thanks ahead for any advive
    Click image for larger version

Name:	gecko male.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1074811

Name:	gecko.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1074815

Name:	female gecko.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1074812

Name:	female3.jpg
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	1074813

Name:	female2.jpg
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1074814

I think its a great pairing. I did a wonky one a few years back yellow patternless x dark harley and the babies were just what I was shooting for!

You never can tell with cresteds, and I applaud you putting together such a beautiful pair! What do you have going this year?
    Meg
    THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
    on facebook

Comment

An orange tiger reverse pin female and an orange and creame almost white male. They were already breeding when I got them so I just didnt do any other pairs. Ill cool that pair and depending on how this season goes I will pair up these guys next season or late this season after I get a taste of whats coming. Dont want to overshelm my selc with too many babies. Thanks for you complement I was worried and wanted to see from experienced people as not to lower the gecko species by bad off spring. Thanks again

Comment

I'd prefer to see two geckos that are each GORGEOUS that don't match (to most people) than one gecko that's gorgeous, and one that is so so.

As long as both parents can stand on their own crest, color, pattern wise, you're fine Excited to see what your pairs do! Do you have any pics of the current one?
        Meg
        THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
        on facebook

Comment

This is the male but I apparently dont have images of the female. What would you call kaidence as far as color? I asked once before in a post but no one really knew what to call her.

Comment

They're both really nice geckos!
            In my experience, when you pair a dark animal to a lighter one, it seems that a lot of offspring will end up favoring the darker animal; however, you may also get some surprises. I paired a dark base, cream-marking gecko with a red-base, yellow-marking gecko and mostly turned up dark geckos with cream markings, but I also got Donut.

Hard to tell exactly what color Kaidence is without being fired up - have you tried setting her into a deli cup and misting her, and putting her in the dark for a while to see if the color pops?

All three of the animals you've posted are neat ones. You have a nice collection!
            JBsCresties.com & Facebook & Instagram, oh my

Comment

I'd call her a red personally. If you can fire her up like JB said, and get some pics of her by a window, it will be easier to gauge what her color is.

My dark x yellow pairing made 100% yellow/orange offspring too. I didn't get a single kid that year that looked like dad. The crested genes throw you for a loop more often than not
              Meg
              THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
              on facebook

Comment

I havent tried because she freaks out with the slightest thing but may try just once to see if i can catch her fired. Thank you both for your comments I gawk at both your geckos often and am glad i have some good looking geckos too

Comment

Working...
                X