bump!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bump!

I was wondering...i have a crestie that I "saved" from my friend. she wasnt taking good care of her and the crestie wasnt eating. she is doing better now, eating and jumping like crazy. She has a slight hump in her back and had a little trouble eating. I think she may have MBD (metabolic bone disease) Im not sure.
    Is she safe to breed?

I would not simplly because she may still have a lingering calcium defeincy and laying eggs puts a large straine on the females calcium reserves.
    -Eli

ps: post in the medical forum for these questions.
    "The foulest death is preferable to the cleanest slavery"

Comment

Is there anyway to build the calcium back up or is there no hope?

Comment

Originally posted by BabyG79
        Is there anyway to build the calcium back up or is there no hope?
        Give her the right conditions; feed her the right foods, and she should stabilize, but the lump is likely to remain visible. I wouldn't look to breed her this season. Shoot for next spring at the earliest.
        ~Alan

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."
        President Geo. W Bush in an interview with CBS News, Washington D.C., Sept. 6, 2006

Comment

Thanks for the help. I hope everything seems ok with her. She seems to be doing well, but you are right I dont need to push it. She will be a great crestie even if I decided not to breed her.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Alan
            Give her the right conditions; feed her the right foods, and she should stabilize, but the lump is likely to remain visible. I wouldn't look to breed her this season. Shoot for next spring at the earliest.
            Hey Doc... would you recommend upping the heat a bit to stimulate feeding?
            Mike
            www.dragontownreptiles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dragontown
              Hey Doc... would you recommend upping the heat a bit to stimulate feeding?
              Doesn't work for me. My Rhacs are all maintained without any supplemental heat and they do better when ambient temps are down in the winter - sometimes into the fifties, then they do this time of year, when we're occasionally into the nineties. The little ones don't mind the heat, nor do the gargoyles, saras, and chahoua, but the adult ciliatus just seem to languish when the ambient temp is in the mid-eighties or above.
              ~Alan

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."
              President Geo. W Bush in an interview with CBS News, Washington D.C., Sept. 6, 2006

Comment

Working...
              X