HELP lost gecko found after 2 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP lost gecko found after 2 months

Don't have time to search I have her in a sauna she feels ice cold was found in a cold room no heat her mouth is gaping
    Sandy
    7.6.8.0 Crested Gecko 1.1.3 Gargoyle Gecko
    0.1.0 Pine Island Chahoua 0.1.0 Bearded Dragon
    My sweet meow meow I miss you!
    1.0 Painted Turtle Squirt

Oh no, Has she closed her mouth at all? MBD possibly? I heard you can sauna in pedialyte
    and I would definatly offer food!!
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Comment

Thanks I have a bottle of that i forgot that
      Sandy

Comment

I hope she pulls through for you!
        Crestopia Reptiles

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Comment

For now I would do the soak and then put her in a container alone with paper towels and a few fake plants. Put a cap of CGD, a cap or bowl of water and a cap of pure calcium for her to lick if she will. I would not stress her out any more tonight than you have to. See if she will eat on her own before you worry with hand feeding.

After you have that all done you can come back and update us on whether she has stopped gaping, her approximate age and size and how she is looking as far as being dehydrated and malnourished. She may need a trip to the vet or you may be able to care for her yourself depending on how she is doing.

I am so happy you found her and I am keeping you both in my thoughts tonight.

2.7.13 Cresties Ozai Nix Gracie Ling Parula Midori Issabella Mischief Lydia
          Tango Gimp Avery Grasun Lyrica Gizmo Blaine Neva Skyler Sydney Rene Nico Rio
          0.1 Gargoyles Squishy*
          1.2 Leopards Sabastian Willow Allie
          To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming

GeckosandGiggles.com IHerp

Comment

OMG Sandy!!! WOW!
            I hope that she'll be ok!!
            Keep us posted on her health if you get the chance!
            sigpic
            ~ JENN ~
            1 Daughter ~
            1 Chihuahua Cookie
            1.2 Pine Isle Chahouas Shrek Sugar & Spice
            1.2 Cresteds MrGoodbar Lollipop TootsieRoll
            1.0 Gargoyle Wyvern (Living the life at Lunars house with a girl!)

Comment

Kennedy, when I have had very cold reptiles arrive I give them a bra treatment, Yep put them down my shirt so they can get warm, absorbing my body heat. Just an idea, seems to warm them up gentley
              Roxanne
              and the zoo
              www.geckoluv.com

Comment

Hope the gecker pulls through for you! Ill be praying for it.
                -Ashley https://www.facebook.com/BerryPatchGecko

Comment

Originally posted by rhatfield View Post
                  Kennedy, when I have had very cold reptiles arrive I give them a bra treatment, Yep put them down my shirt so they can get warm, absorbing my body heat. Just an idea, seems to warm them up gentley
                  Oh what a great idea! She is 4 and was due to lay again the day she went missing. It was all my fault that she escaped, i was cleaning her cage when I received the news that I was getting a divorce I left the cage door open for about 4 hours. Weird thing is I had shut the door to my bedroom and had just been sleeping on the couch well he is coming this weekend to get his stuff so I went into the bedroom to throw it all in garbage bags. I checked on the window sill to see if any of crap was there and ran my hand on her and thought what the hell is that?? Then it hit me oh my god it is Caramel. Her mouth is closed and she is moving very little and very slow. She must have gone straight in there I never even looked in that room for her I feel like so bad. I don;t deserve to be a cresty mom I evened closed the vent in there to save on heating. Thank you everyone for the advise I was just too panicked to search.
                  Sandy

Comment

Hoping she pulls through for you, Sandy. It is incredible that she's still around after all that time! I bet the cooler temps helped slow her metabolism down enough that she was able to survive, so in a weird way, it was probably a good thing that room was cold.
                    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Comment

I completly agree with Sallie on this, doing that might havr saved her. Please keep us updated on her, were are sending prayers her way!
                      Crestopia Reptiles

Comment

I am so glad to hear that her mouth is closed. She is probably moving slowly because she is stressed. Just keep taking good care of her like we all know you will and I am sure she will be just fine! Try not to beat yourself up about it anymore just be glad your girl is back safe with you! It sounds like you are going through a tough time, us humans are prone to stress related mistakes too and that is perfectly understandable. Be good to yourself and to her and I am sure this little tragedy will be a blessing before you know it!

2.7.13 Cresties Ozai Nix Gracie Ling Parula Midori Issabella Mischief Lydia
                        Tango Gimp Avery Grasun Lyrica Gizmo Blaine Neva Skyler Sydney Rene Nico Rio
                        0.1 Gargoyles Squishy*
                        1.2 Leopards Sabastian Willow Allie
                        To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming

GeckosandGiggles.com IHerp

Comment

Oh my goodness, what a survivor she is. I am so glad you found her - what a fluke! And don't blame yourself, I can see that happening to any of us in the same situation. I have left the lids off of kritter keepers before and lost babies for a time (though thankfully always found them). At least she has made it this far, and I'm sure you are doing all you can for her at this point.

I would imagine it will take quite some time for her to adjust back to warmer temps, recover from the stress, and start eating again. Is she a bug fan? Maybe you could offer her a few crickets/roaches in a few days, just to get some nourishment in her. Though I'd keep an eye on her, and if she doesn't eat them - take them out so they don't stress her more. I've done this with geckos who stopped eating from stress, and it always jump-started them again. Best of luck!!!
                          .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Comment

Thank you everyone, yes I am at my stress limit for awhile here. I am glad I found her and did not leave her behind with moving in the near future I just can not believe she made it this long. I can't believe I froze my poor little girl.
                            Sandy

Comment

Praying for both Caramel and you.

I've been there...the BIG D.

The trip there ain't no picnic, but the air is soooo much fresher when you get your papers!!!

Hugs-
                              Donna
                              Love and Light-
                              Donna

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts soon happens to the man. All things are connected."-Chief Seattle

Comment

Working...
                              X