URGENT help please: Dark patches on skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT help please: Dark patches on skin

Hi there, I've noticed some dark patches growing on my crestie's skin, I've googled it but I cannot find any reasoning behind it. PLEASE help put my mind at rest and help clear up what it could be. I came back from work today and found one of the plants attached to the wall of his viv had fallen down, so maybe he fell down and its just a bruise? Or it could be something serious? Any help that can be given is appreciated.

it looks like a random fired up patch from the picture. how long has it been there? you said its been "growing"? do you mean it started out smaller and over time has gotten larger?

is it raised from the skin around it, like it could be some sort of growth? it doesn't really look like a bruise, although i've never seen one on a crested.
    Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Comment

Yeah unless it's been like that for longer than a few hours, I would say it's just the way the light affected his skin. It happens sometimes.

Edit: One of mine
      JBsCresties.com & Facebook & Instagram, oh my

Comment

When he is fired up, the patch blends in, yes, so if it really is just the way the light has affected him (he was resting in leaves) then thats fantastic news thank you, big relief.

Comment

Could it have to do with them lack of eating maybe?

Weird, but I picked up my female today to take a look at her, her tail has been kinking from lack of calcium that she won't eat...period...(she hates cgd and is holding out for crickets)...she has a massive dark spot on her, too. I'm giving it until morning before I call the vet...I've never seen anything like this.
          -erica.
          3.2.0: Crested Geckos-Maurice. Calypso. Sun-Dance. Rodolfo. Sand-Storm.
          2.3.0: Box Turtles-Sheldon, Macho. Munch, Citrus, Scooter.
          1.1.2: Leopard Geckos- Doug. Kevin. Jango. Jaja.
          0.0.2: Green Iguanas- Darwin. Liberty.
          1.0.0: Pygmy Chameleon- Lafayette.

Comment

Sometimes... certain cresteds fire up funny and mottled looking. I have one who will fire up around something resting on him. So if he's under a leaf, and he fires up... when I move the leaf, it will look like there's a lighter colored "leaf print" on his body. Some of my guys/gals do this and others don't. I notice it more with darker harleys than any other.

I wouldn't be alarmed.

Comment

Okay...idk.
              It just kind of freaked me out...as I'm sure it did the person who posted this thread.
              Thank god I'm obsessing over my geckos and read Pangea religiously. lol
              -erica.
              3.2.0: Crested Geckos-Maurice. Calypso. Sun-Dance. Rodolfo. Sand-Storm.
              2.3.0: Box Turtles-Sheldon, Macho. Munch, Citrus, Scooter.
              1.1.2: Leopard Geckos- Doug. Kevin. Jango. Jaja.
              0.0.2: Green Iguanas- Darwin. Liberty.
              1.0.0: Pygmy Chameleon- Lafayette.

Comment

Yep only partically fired. It seems that if they are partialy covered by leaves, the uncovered parts will be dark, the rest light. They look real funny with light armpits, because their ams block the light! Good job being observent and asking questions. keep up the good work!
                Roxanne
                and the zoo
                www.geckoluv.com

Comment

Working...
                X