No announcement yet.

Eye crests stuck to eyeball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pedialyte is like a drink you give babies (human :P) when they're sick to give them electrolytes and just keep them hydrated. I heard about giving geckos a sauna with a half water, half pedialyte mixture. It's supposed to let them absorb the helpful stuff. If you decide to use it, use the unflavored kind. It's the only safe kind from what I hear.

Also, is your girl about to shed? Cuz my guy just did, and he looks so much better. His droopy eyelashes have even perked back up. It could be the same case for you. Lemme know!

Comment

Well, not that I can tell. I will maybe wait one more day before starting to worry. And see the outsome. Thats good to hear about oyurs! I will try a sauna if nothing changes within the next 24 hours
      0.0.1 Kaio the Crested Gecko

Comment

How long have you had her? And how long has it been since she last shed, if you've had her long enough to have witnessed one? My guy never seems to show any signs beforehand, so I don't blame you for not knowing. I just walked over tonight and was like, "oh no, your wounds are peel- wait! Yay!!!" Ya, and if it doesn't resolve itself by monday, I still plan to talk to the vet about it, hopefully save you a trip and some cash..

Comment

Ive had mine for about 5 months, so yes Ive witnessed a shed or two. mostly I dont see it, until I wake up in the morning and notice her colors are more vibrant. Im not sure how long its been, its hard to tell, especially when they eat it too.

Comment

Ya, I hear that. The only way I think I would ever know (besides how bad he looked this time beforehand) is because his bad skin usually seems to result in little bits of stuck shed near his wounds. Adorable little pain in the ass, he is

Comment

OK! vet said that my eyelash crest issue was more than likely just due to the shed. I asked him about the lashes on the eyeball, and he said it's most likely also due to an upcoming shed. Mind you my vet isn't very experienced with crested geckos, but he did study lizards and geckos in costa rica for a while, so I trust him. He is an exotic pet vet, just fyi. I'd wait until either something gets worse or she sheds (whichever comes first), and then act accordingly. Do keep me informed!! I wish you luck!

Comment

Okay! thankyou for letting me know! thats good yours is getting better

Comment

Karona, did you ever find out what was wrong with your gecko? Mine has the exact same problem but I can't find solutions anywhere.
                  Praise be to the Great Lord Kanai

Comment

Working...
                  X