Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CALCIUM AND VITAMIN D3 -What you need to know.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what is a good one to get with both calcium and d3 ( brand and specific product ) thanks - Tyler

Comment

I currently use ReptoCal by Tetrafauna. I would also highly recommend Repashy Calcium Plus ICB.
      *** My "N" key is actig up. Luckily, there's no "N" in "crested gecko" or "Rhacodactylus ciliatus".***

2.3.9.12 cresties
      0.2 cats
      0.1 German Shepherd Dogs
      1.1.2 humans (that's 1 adult male, 1 adult female (me), and two male juvies)

Comment

So should I use both and dust the drivers with both o just use one and if I only use one what should I use from the two you recommended? Thanks-Tyler

Comment

Just use one. Either one would be good IMO. I did the calculation of the D3 amount for the ReptoCal since that's what I had on hand. I've never tried the Repashy but I trust the brand very much, and others speak highly of it. It may have more of the other vitamins needed. Maybe someone else will chime in who knows more about it than I do.
          *** My "N" key is actig up. Luckily, there's no "N" in "crested gecko" or "Rhacodactylus ciliatus".***

2.3.9.12 cresties
          0.2 cats
          0.1 German Shepherd Dogs
          1.1.2 humans (that's 1 adult male, 1 adult female (me), and two male juvies)

Comment

Repashy SuperCal MeD is a perfect calcium and d3 supplement for Rhacodactylus.

Comment

Repashy Calcium Plus ICB is the best way to go and the best calcium/vitamin supplement on the market.
              4.4.6 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
              0.1.1 Rhacodactylus Chahoua (PI)
              1.0.0 Strophurus Taenicauda (White Eye)
              1.0.0 Strophurus C. Ciliaris

Comment

Thanks so much for posting this Matthew! I just purchased some great things off your site. This was definitely in good timing for me to read and find, makes me more secure in my purchases and understand the way things work with all that. I unfortunately have been doing a few things incorrectly because I was confused by "insect food" and "dusting" thinking they are the same thing, obviously which they are not. I have bought some crested gecko books and keep doing constant research on them, and being on here has been so helpful and wonderful. So just saying thanks and glad I have someone I can rely on when reading just doesn't do enough for me Sometimes you need opinions and word of mouth.
                Heather

New Kid on the block
                1 Male Crested
                (Sylvester - Now in the hands of Patternless Crested)

Comment

i have a question about the Vd3, i wanted to know how can i give one of my cresteds a dosage of it if he doesn't eat insects? i looked on the back of my respashy cgd container and i didn't see anything saying that it had Vd3? should i mix some into his food?
                  crested geckos 1m: 2f: 3b:, dog 1, bearded dragon 3, dubias 500+, african hissers 10

Comment

It is already in the food, no need to supplement it.

Comment

Oh ok i was just asking, thank you.
                      crested geckos 1m: 2f: 3b:, dog 1, bearded dragon 3, dubias 500+, african hissers 10

Comment

Oh shoot! I've been using Rep-Cal! I had NO idea. I'll toss it and buy a different dusting supplement right away. I'm not sure if they carry anything decent at PETCO, will I need to order from Pangea (and thus wait several days) or is there anything they stock that would be good? I bought this Rep-Cal AT Petco thinking one calcium dusting supplement was the same as another... ugh.
                        http://www.facebook.com/RainyDayGeckos

Comment

You may be able to mix it with Rep-Cal no D3, the just plain calcium but really ordering your preferred supplements online is the way to go and not spend money trying to "fix" the Rep-Cal.
                          Specializing in Crested Geckos
                          Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
                          Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
                          Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

I agree: why reward RepCal for making an inferior and occasionally dangerous product? If you're feeding Repashy to your gecko, you don't need to supplement it. You only need to dust crickets because they're an inferior food source. At any rate, your crestie should be fine for a week or two without supplements while you wait for your new calcium/D3 powder to ship.
                            Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

3.3 crested geckos: Turkish, Sollux, Pyx, Buttercup, Dandelion, and Jem.

Comment

Huh? Did I misread this - saw a reference to ReptiCal - do you mean ZooMed's ReptiCalcium + d3 is bad gor crickie dusting? Purchased this at Orlando Repticon by an A+ (at least I thought) vendor. Thanks! Jen

Comment

I'm using Flukers Calcium with D3 once a week on crickets. The label says 100,000 IU/pound is this one okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X