No announcement yet.

GECKO FOOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if this will help but I will give you my formula. I use one small jar of crested gecko diet - T-rex, one jar banana baby food and four jars of water. (remember I have alot of geckos) If I were you I would mix 1 part Crested Gecko Diet, 1 part baby food( banana or peach is most prefered) and 3-4 parts water. Mix really good, I use a hand held blender. Make sure to remove it in 2-3 days or it will mold. Also use a high quality GECKO calcium to dust your crickets. Don't buy the chessy stuff. I raise 5 different species of Rhacodactylus and I feed all 5 species Gargoyle Diet. Allen says that is what he feeds his whole room and it has the most protien of the 3 diets he made. Don't be afraid to add calcium to the baby food as well. GOOD LUCK>
    www.ReptileSuperShow.com

Comment

What you are gutloading your crickets with isn't really doing anything. The cricket cube things are 99% or so water so any nutrients in them are minimal. Try offering a commercial cricket gutload (dry) also or use a dog food that has no red dyes in it.
      0.1 Albino Leopard Gecko\'s
      0.0.1 Ball python\'s
      0.1 Blood python\'s
      0.0.2 Crested Gecko

Comment

it seems to be better now, he will get fired up a lil bit, but i notice that when i give the calcium drops his colors get real dull, i've tried hand feeding baby food with mashed up crickets and a vitamin supplement powder through a syringe and let him lick it that way, he'll eat a little bit but then gets tired of it, but he seems to be doin better he's alot more active than he was, but he still has his days. thanx for the help

Comment

I'm glad to hear he's doing better! Keep us posted on his progress and good luck!
          ~Sarah~
          www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Comment

hes doin gbetter but still if he is twitching that is very abnormal. gluck to you and your gecko.. hope it snothing seirous.. just dont take it lightly

bbut dont stress ur self to death i thnk i would... lotta money and theyre like my family

Comment

My four month olds weigh around the 10 gram size so that is actually quite a low weight. I for one, have always put a little dish of pure calcium in their cages just for that reason, mbd. My understanding is, if they eat too much, it passes through their body what is not required, therefore, not overdosing. Just make sure it is a good reputable calcium and pure, no added D.
              I also make my own babyfood and it comprises of mango, pear, banana and yogurt. I have nice, fat little cresties and I firmly believe that if you give them a good start in life, they remain good eaters later on.
              Betty
              www.GeckoBrothel.com
              Specializing in Crested, Fat-tails (amels), and Chahouas

Comment

sounds..

sounds to me like calcium deficiency,definatly boost his calcium intake....put some on your finger and see if he will lick it. also put calcium in baby food....try papaya and mango,they love that stuff. do this every night!!! boost him up,as long as you do it soon it may not be too late. good luck!
                Rick Moss...Tigerbarr,inc.

Comment

how warm is it your cage? as far as i know cresteds like their temps a little cooler. i definaltly agree about the supliments i use the crested gecko diet

Comment

I keep my gecko room around 79-81 degrees. Obviously the warmer they are, the higher their metabolism and appetite.
                    It is truly an upside-down world we live in where lies are truths, criminals are our nationsí leaders, and Satanís minions are considered men of God.

Comment

Working...
                    X