The biggest problem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The biggest problem!!!

I hear so much about reptiles with a calcium deficiency. I always worry mine are not getting enough calcium. I don't know if I am making symptoms up, or if I have a real problem with my female gargoyle.

I think she is showing signs of a slight calcium deficiency. She sometimes has trouble sticking to the glass or my hand. She slides off. Also, I think she may be constipated. She has not gone in a week! (It might even be longer than that because I wasn't really paying attention to her bathroom habits until I noticed she wasn't going.) I soaked her in a warm bath last night, hoping that would help, but she still didn't go. In the month I have had her she has gained 11 g. At first I thought she was going to lay eggs, but now I think she might be full of...poo!

I feed her GGD and Clark's with Jarassic Cal (which does not contain phosphorous). I also have a UVA/B light that I use. I feed the male the same thing and he seems fine; eats, poos, and is happy.

Does this sound like a big problem? Could the calcium deficiency cause the constipation? Does it even sound like she might have a calcium deficiency?Any help would be wonderful. Thank you so much!
    Rose

Please, if anyone has advice, let me know!
    Rose

Comment

Not being able to stick to the glass might be something as simple as her about to shed. However, if she is not defecating, that could be a huge problem. I really have no advice except to take her to a vet.
      ~Kimmy
      3.2 Crested Geckos, 0.1 Creamsicle Corn Snake, 1.1 Felines

Comment

If you suspect that constipation may be an issue, try confining her for one night in a large deli cup with a wet paper towel liner in a warm (not hot) spot. That usually promotes bowel activity.
        ~Alan

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."
        President Geo. W Bush in an interview with CBS News, Washington D.C., Sept. 6, 2006

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice. I will try it tonight!
          Rose

Comment

Working...
          X