Shedding Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shedding Process

How long do cresteds take to complete a shed cycle? My gecko has been very light and had loose skin, visiablly wanting to peel off, for nearly a week now. I was under the impression that once they started "peeling" the rest of the process was fairly quick...

What can I do to help him? His humidity this last week hasn't been below 70 and he gets misted 2-3x a day. I don't really know what else I can do. I'm used to snake sheds, not tiny lil geckos!

Thanks in advance.
    1.2 Colombian Red Tail Boas
    0.1 Pastel Red Tail Boa
    1.0 Salmon Red Tail Boa
    1.0 RG Hypo PH Albino RTB
    2.0 Crested Geckos

Umm, mine are 2days max. They usually shed over the course of one night. I'd suggest trying a warm bath or directly soaking the gecko.
    Honor and valor were long ago drowned by the very society they swore to protect.

8.10.9 Crested Geckos
    1.2 Gargoyle Geckos
    1.1 Tangerine Phase Albino AFT's
    0.3 Peach Phase Albino AFT's (two are striped)
    1.0 Bearded Dragons
    1.2 Viper Geckos
    1.1 Yellow-headed Cape Geckos
    0.1 Panther Geckos
    There'll be more, just you wait and see

http://www.celticisle.com/infernal_star/

Comment

Eh I say let him ride it out and keep the humidity at 75-80 for a little while and make sure there is a coarse surface for the crested to rub against.
      -Eli
      "The foulest death is preferable to the cleanest slavery"

Comment

I knew it was supposed to be an over night thing, or close to it, as they feel vunerable in this stage, but its starting to make me nervous.

They humidity has been up consistantly and there is plenty in there to rub against... Hopefully something will happen soon.
        0.1 Pastel Red Tail Boa
        1.0 Salmon Red Tail Boa
        2.0 Crested Geckos

Comment

One time my gekco had an unshed tail for like a week, i misted it with luke warm water slowly pulled it off, the gecko didnt care and i greatly releaved, you should try that, but its only good for small parts of the body.
          ANONAMOUS

Comment

He still hasn't shed. I've been misting him 2-3x daily, and soaking him everyday. The lower part of his body on the dorsal surface, he has shed a little, but I'm starting to worry about his limbs/toes and his nose... I want to make sure he doesn't loose any fingers or having troubles breathing...

Is there ANYthing else we can do?
            0.1 Pastel Red Tail Boa
            1.0 Salmon Red Tail Boa
            2.0 Crested Geckos

Comment

Working...
            X