my cresties aren't eating!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my cresties aren't eating!

So I just got some cresties last Tuesday and they really haven't eaten much yet. Should I be worried? There are 5 of them...one male and female pair and 3 babies. The female will take a few licks off my finger of whatever I offer and has eaten one cricket. The male, as far as I know hasn't eaten anything. 2 of the babies have kind of licked at their food and one of those 2 has eaten one cricket, the third baby hasn't eaten anything to my knowledge.

I have offered CGD, crickets, mealworms, banana and apple and apricot baby food and pureed fresh bananas and strawberries.

Should I be worried or are they just getting accustomed to their new home. Anything I should try that geckos don't usually turn down?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and I should mention, that I have seen all but the male gecko lick at the water drops when I mist their cage, so they are getting water.

perfectely natural perfectely normal. crested always take some time getting used to new enviroment's. it always takes them a week or so to get going again.
    http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/7...fbba61fvt1.gif
    www.world-reptiles.com

Comment

Babies can also being eatting fine and not appear to be, because of how small their stomachs are: doesn't take much to fill them.
      Honor and valor were long ago drowned by the very society they swore to protect.

8.10.9 Crested Geckos
      1.2 Gargoyle Geckos
      1.1 Tangerine Phase Albino AFT's
      0.3 Peach Phase Albino AFT's (two are striped)
      1.0 Bearded Dragons
      1.2 Viper Geckos
      1.1 Yellow-headed Cape Geckos
      0.1 Panther Geckos
      There'll be more, just you wait and see

http://www.celticisle.com/infernal_star/

Comment

good to know. This is my first time owning cresties and I already thought I was biting off more than I could chew by getting 5 of them at once, but the previous owner wanted them to all go to the same home. I was just worried I wasn't doing something right.

Comment

Hey Renee, glad to hear you got some cresteds. I'm sure they'll start chowing down for you in no time. You're probably just used to seeing how much the skinks eat. :wink:
          http://www.facebook.com/appalachian.ectotherms

Comment

Originally posted by KevinS
            Hey Renee, glad to hear you got some cresteds. I'm sure they'll start chowing down for you in no time. You're probably just used to seeing how much the skinks eat. :wink:
            Thanks!

I can't believe I waited so long to get cresteds! They are so adorable! I stare at them all the time

Comment

They'll start eating after about a week or so(4-5 days)
              -Chao0104-
              0.0.2 Rhacodactylus cilatus
              If life gives you oranges, make orange juice.If life gives you money, buy a crested gecko.

Comment

there's tongue prints in their fruit in the morning now so they are eating...although I have yet to witness this.

Comment

Working...
                X