internal ear infection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internal ear infection?

Hey I was wondering if anyone has ever had a crested that walked around with it's head tilted in circular movments? I think it may be an infection, what could this be caused by, what can be done, and am I right?
    -Eli
    "The foulest death is preferable to the cleanest slavery"

I have! Its one of my babies. When it was born it got a piece of vermiculite in its ear and was like walking around in circles. Its kind of cute! lol. But I feel bad. It is a good eater and hunts well. It was wierd, when it was first born it was walking around in circles and tilting its head and then when it shed its head was fine. Then a few days later it was doing it again. It is now a few months old and it still tilts its head but doesnt really walk around in circles. I dont know if there is anything you can do. Also when I try picking him up he does like sideways flips and stuff lol. Well its good to know I am not the only with this problem!!! But I want to know how to fix it or if I just have to wait and it will heal on its own.
    Stephanie
    iHerp
    Facebook
    4.6.8 Correlophus ciliatus
    0.1.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus (F2 Nuu Ana x Snowflake)

Comment

While I've never encountered this in my own animals, it sounds like an ear problem or infection. Cresties are pretty transparent in their normal state, and if you look at one sideways with a bright light shining in the opposite ear, you actually will see a lot of light come through the side you're looking at. One of the things you might try is shining a light through the head of one of your normal geckos and then doing the same thing with the affected one. Might give you some insight as to whether there's anything deep in the canal that shouldn't be there. Just an idea........
      ~Alan

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."
      President Geo. W Bush in an interview with CBS News, Washington D.C., Sept. 6, 2006

Comment

Well thanks for the thoughts, I appriciate the info.
        -Eli
        "The foulest death is preferable to the cleanest slavery"

Comment

Working...
        X