Female won't stop laying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female won't stop laying

One of my female breeders will not stop laying here last pairing was in january and she is still laying. Some of the of laying clutches have been infertile but most have been fertile still. She layed again last night. She was in a exo terra by herself since after the pairing and I've recently moved her to a smaller critter keeper. She is losing a lot of weight she started at 57 grams at the beginning of the season and she's now 34. I'm a very concerned mom. My vet gave me omnivore care for her which helped until she laid again and lost the weight she gained and he also gave her a calcium injection to make sure she doesn't get egg bound. He's also the only exotic vet in the area and he doesn't seem to know how to get her to stop laying. I'm very concerned about her if any one has any ideas on what I should do i greatly appreciate it. She's currently on the breeder formula from pangea and is taking insect occasionally. I've been leaning towards black soldier fly larvae, horned worms, and wax worms for the fat content(recommended by vet) but she's never been big on insects. Thank you in advance.

Cooling her should help. What temperature range is she at right now? How much daylight does she get?
    3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Originally posted by Treebiscuit View Post
      Cooling her should help. What temperature range is she at right now? How much daylight does she get?

She's getting about 8-9 hours because the days are getting shorter ive kept to room light on her and her range has been between 72-76. Do you think I should put a uvb lamp on herher( no heat of course)

Comment

UVB might help her absorb calcium better, which would be good for her if she is having trouble producing good quality eggs or is starting to show signs of MBD, but I'm not sure it will help in any other respect. What should work is reducing the amount of daytime light she gets (this tells her body that it's winter) and lowering the temperature by a few degrees. You can drop the temperature to about 68-72. A few weeks of that should do the trick.
        3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Working...
        X