Zoltan, the black-eyed crestie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoltan, the black-eyed crestie

I posted a thread about buying a new crestie few days ago >here< but I guess that as I'll post a lot of pics of him in future I will better do it here.

Since I had little accident with spraying bottle and needed to change the paper towels in his bin I taked the chance to handle him for few minutes and taked some pics! He again was soo calm, walking around and checking everything. He also eats his Repashy like there is no tomorrow so I guess he acclimates well to new home.

Here are pics of Zoltan, that turned out really professional without me trying for it, haha!

Last edited by Sylphie; 03-02-2017, 11:57 AM.
    0.1 Elaphe schrenckii, 0.1 Heterodon nasicus, 0.1 Python regius, 1.0 Pantherophis gittatus, 2.0 R. ciliatus, 0.1 Pogona vitticeps, 1.0 Mauremys reevesii, 1.1 dogs

All those pictures look fabulous! You should try to get a macro pic of his eye(s) one day!
    I personally love to do macro pictures, here's one of my eye shots I did a while back Click image for larger version

Name:	taddapp1484949788900.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1070679
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Comment

Thank you! And woah, nice picture of the eye! I will try someday for sure, but my camera isn't the best for macro, so I don't know if it will turn out good
      0.1 Elaphe schrenckii, 0.1 Heterodon nasicus, 0.1 Python regius, 1.0 Pantherophis gittatus, 2.0 R. ciliatus, 0.1 Pogona vitticeps, 1.0 Mauremys reevesii, 1.1 dogs

Comment

Get a macro lense! Depending on the camera they are fairly cheap
        Sam
        C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
        Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
        Instagram: @sams_exotics

Comment

Excellent photos! He is beautiful! And so nice that he is so tame already. You will have a great time with him, and I look forward to more stories!
          Eileen
          TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
          Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Originally posted by Last_Creature View Post
            Get a macro lense! Depending on the camera they are fairly cheap
            Unfortunately while I really like our camera (Konica Minolta DiMage A200) it's an older one and I can't really find any lenses for it for sale. And the ones I found are like 10x more expensive than what we payed for the camera... so yeah, I'll need to try without it, unless someday I will find lense that will be cheap enough for it to be rational.

Comment

Originally posted by TAD View Post
              Excellent photos! He is beautiful! And so nice that he is so tame already. You will have a great time with him, and I look forward to more stories!
              Thank you! And yes, I'm soo glad that he is such a cute pie! Especially as all my previous cresties were scaredy cats that jumped like crazy. His older, adopted brother that we got last summer is so insane compared to him! But I hope that with Zoltan I will get more experience with handling geckos and will be able to get the other male to calm a little too.

Comment

These are great shots and those eyes are really stunning, WOW!! <3
                0.1.0 Crested Geckos (Nandatil)

Comment

Nandatil26, thank you!

Woah, he was shared on Pangea facebook profil today! It's always soo nice to have your animals shared on big pages like these! He was on Reptile Report once too, haha! Guess everyone likes his looks.

Comment

This is pretty cool! I wonder if it's anything similar to the phantom trait that gargoyles have (their eyes turn black around 2 years old) Whether a fluke or not, it looks great contrasting with his yellow XD And congrats on the feature!
                    On Instagram
                    On Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by organizedchaos View Post
                      This is pretty cool! I wonder if it's anything similar to the phantom trait that gargoyles have (their eyes turn black around 2 years old) Whether a fluke or not, it looks great contrasting with his yellow XD And congrats on the feature!
                      Thank you! I like the contrast too! I would love to find a female with similiar dark eyes to try breeding for it out of curiosity (although I'm farily sure it's like paradoxing and won't be inherited).

And woah, I chekced your facebook page, you have some great animals and fantastic pics of them!

Comment

His eyes started to brighten a little, so I'm not sure how they will look in a few months. I'm also super mad at myself because it turned out today that my husbands phone camera is great for macro shots, and it's now too late to get a good macro pics of his black-black eyes.

These are from today, you can see that right eye is still darker, while the left has a lot of brigter "marbling":

Pic from March:

And from late February:

Comment

Gotta love those blue-eyed blondes.
                          Eileen
                          TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
                          Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Originally posted by TAD View Post
                            Gotta love those blue-eyed blondes.
                            Sure! I'll love him even if his eyes will turn out to be as bright as regular ones! But when he had them solid black he looked soo cool and cute that I hope they will return, haha! It's funny that when they were all black they had a purple tint to them, but when they started to get birghter now they are more blueish.

Comment

Did some new pics today, but this time it's just the general body and color, not eyes

Comment

Working...
                              X