Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I caved...little baby BLAST! (Nuu Ana Leachie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awe Cosmid is adorable! before you know it, youll *accidentally* get another!
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    1.1.CRESTED GECKO Phantom & Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis RIP
    1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Originally posted by CrestieFu View Post
      Blast has been eating like a little piggy and is at 9.0 g now

And...I got a GTB baby in yesterday (OOPS!). 3 months old and though it was "only" 8.1 g upon arrival, was significantly longer than little Blast. Here is Cosmid

My daughter loves that it seems like he/she has ginormous claws even as a baby, lol.
      I knew you would!!
      I love the little one! Soooo cute!
      We'll have to start our own thread for all the photos we take of our little wrinkle kids. LOL
      Kelly @ Tree Devil Geckos
      Producing Awesome Leachianus geckos and Gargoyle geckos since 2017
      http://www.treedevilgeckos.com
      http://facebook.com/treedevilgeckos
      http://www.instagram.com/treedevilgeckos

Comment

Thanks! Cosmid also has been a little piggy. So much was missing from his cap the first night I swear he must have hidden it somewhere, lol. Weighed again today and already at 11.9 g from 8.1 two days ago (now rounder than the above pic ).

Kat - Remember when I said I lost the bet with my son? Yeah well....my last gecko shipment for this year that is coming in next month (I still haven't gotten pics up from the bunch I got this week) had some additions. One of which is a Mt. Koghis baby. These guys are like pringles. Except cuter and softer

Kelly - Totally! I will most definitely take pics as they grow, though it will take some time to see changes of course. I kinda like the suspense of watching them develop from babies.

Oh, and with Blast - he *always* does airplane legs before he poops on me, lol. Its so cute and at least I get a head's-up before he launches the torpedo!
        Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
        DoubleHelixGeckos.com
        Facebook Page
        iHerp Page

Comment

oooh, I want a mt. koghis!!! make sure you do post pictures of the newies..

Blast sounds adorable. one of my geckos will raise and curl her tail and look back at me with a "you wont catch me this time" look. haha these little things are call 'pets' can sometimes be very tricky mean, haha.
          .1.DOG Jiggles
          .1.YBST Cloveth
          1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Originally posted by CrestieFu View Post
            Blast has been eating like a little piggy and is at 9.0 g now

And...I got a GTB baby in yesterday (OOPS!). 3 months old and though it was "only" 8.1 g upon arrival, was significantly longer than little Blast. Here is Cosmid

My daughter loves that it seems like he/she has ginormous claws even as a baby, lol.
            Just wanted to do a short comparison cause Cosmid weighed in today at 13.5 g, which is a 66% increase from his original body weight in 4 days . Photo tonight showing him go full potato compared to post-shipping slimness above:

And closeups just because I love that little smile and the start of wrinkles!

A bit of Blast also cause he is my little cutie patootie finger hugger. I notice that Blast's skin is much softer than Cosmids (which is still pretty soft compared to cresties). He just licked in this photo so his mouth is almost closed and looks a bit odd without that context. Kids had the joy of witnessing airplane legs and torpedo launch today, they thought it was so cute, well at least after my daughter learned almost the hard way not to look *too* close, lol

Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
            DoubleHelixGeckos.com
            Facebook Page
            iHerp Page

Comment

Cosmid and Blast are adorable! Blast is my favorite though, but they are both really really really pretty. crazy how fast Cosmid is growing. One of my cresties went from 10g to 14g in three days.
              .1.DOG Jiggles
              .1.YBST Cloveth
              1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

[QUOTE=CrestieFu;679962]Just wanted to do a short comparison cause Cosmid weighed in today at 13.5 g, which is a 66% increase from his original body weight in 4 days QUOTE]

My new adult female came to me at 62 grams (which is crazy tiny for an adult leachie female). She was obviously not taken care of very well. In just 2 weeks time she had gone up to 93 grams!! She just needed some TLC. They can gain pretty quickly!

Comment

Another Blast + other leachie update! Cause I got another one in earlier this month, lol. I also have sexed everyone - Blast *is* a bouncing baby boy! Cosmid is likely female (no pores at well over 3" SVL), and the third leachie Markov is also a boy.

Pic of Blasts pores. This photo was sooooo hard to take holding Blast in a cup, loupe against bottom, and phone to loupe to take photo! So it is a bit blurry but a good 5-6 rows of pores:

And some updated pics, he has more pink coming in that actually shows in photos now. Still need to do a lightbox shoot with the leachies! He was 11.3 g in first two pics, 13.9 g in the last two:

Cosmid update pics, she is now 22.1 g:

I will introduce Markov in the next post!
                  DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                  Facebook Page
                  iHerp Page

Comment

Markov is a GT Mt. Koghis I got from Northern Gecko. His parents are either F2 or F3s that Mark got from Repashy over 10 years ago (who got them from Troeger's collection), and were microchipped as part of Repashy's attempt to get a lineage database of sorts together. Though I hear other breeders didn't really follow suit so it petered out. I found this info quite cool

Photos of Dam (400 g) and Sire (425), taken by Northern Gecko:

Markov's hatch weight was a nice 9.2 g, and he arrived to me a little under 3 months old at 12.1 g after the trip from Canada. He is currently sitting at 21.3 g after settling in for 2.5 weeks.

He was a little skittish when he first came in, so don't laugh too hard at the first photos I got after unboxing when he leaped to the back of a safe cork flat and "became one" with it, lol. His tail even tried to impersonate a chewie I love how dark he is right now and hope he turns out kinda like dad! Flash then no flash at 12.1 g:

And a few days later again flash then no flash:

So he isn't really Quasimodo despite the way he can manage to contort himself! So yesterday at 21.3 g he is a little more relaxed now:
                    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                    Facebook Page
                    iHerp Page

Comment

wow, Markov is sooo pretty! whether he turns out like mom or dad, hell be a stunning adult. Blast is such an amazingly beautiful little boy! and Cosmid is also so pretty. Love how light Cosmid is.
                      its crazy how they hatch out at nearly ten grams and a cresty hatches out at 2ish grams. Please keep us updated as they grow more.
                      .1.DOG Jiggles
                      .1.YBST Cloveth
                      1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Thanks, I definitely well! It is pretty neat how different leachie personalities are from cresties too.
                        DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                        Facebook Page
                        iHerp Page

Comment

They're both looking great! It's so much fun watching this species grow up and change.
                          Both of your newbies are looking great. You really lucked out with those pores.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi'smom View Post
                            They're both looking great! It's so much fun watching this species grow up and change.
                            Both of your newbies are looking great. You really lucked out with those pores.
                            Thanks! They seem to change almost daily, lol.
                            DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                            Facebook Page
                            iHerp Page

Comment

Just wanted to update how some of these guys are changing, plus a new one that I've actually had for a bit now (my most exciting info is at the bottom of this post). Blast's colors haven't changed much and his growth as an island locale is not as dramatic as the other two's has been, so no photos of him today. Cosmid is up to 35 g already, and her white barring is getting much more defined. Markov's whites are getting whiter and darks darker - I can't wait to see how they turn out as adults! Markov is also the most blob of a gecko that I can image exists - you literally have to peel him off of whatever he is sitting on, then he just hangs out in the new spot till you peel him off again, lol. Course I say that now and when he is a giant grown man he will probably try to eat me

Photos of Cosmid:

Photos of Markov. Flash washes him out a ton, and no-flash is not good quality. Need to put him in a light box soon! First two without flash, last with:

And then there is the fourth leachie . So, with knowing Cosmid was a girl and GTBs don't show up all that often (I prefer pure locales over mixes), I was lamenting that I doubted I would ever find a male GTB anytime soon. Browsing fauna when I really shouldn't be buying any more geckos is usually not a good idea, and of course I had to run into a baby GTB for sale. Closed it out, put my fingers in my ears and pretended I never saw it...for a couple of days. Ad was still up and I pondered the chances of purchasing it and having it be another female...However, it had some pretty sweet pink/purple parents unrelated to Cosmid and I somehow convinced myself that even if it turned out as another girl her genetics would be super awesome to add to my collection. And I caved once more, buying a pricey but so adorable little leachie baby, Phage!

First, Phage's parents, dam then sire:

At itty Phage, only at 13.6 g in these photos which wash out the light pink that is starting:

Anyhow, the news that I got yesterday that made me feel like I got an early Christmas present is that I louped Phage....and got a good 4-5 rows of pores! Very happy that I at least have an unrelated and awesome sexed pair of GTBs. Though we will see if the ~3 years from now when Cosmid is ready, if she will actually accept him...
                              DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                              Facebook Page
                              iHerp Page

Comment

Working...
                              X