Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I caved...little baby BLAST! (Nuu Ana Leachie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I caved...little baby BLAST! (Nuu Ana Leachie)

So I took my son to a reptile expo today so he could get a feel for ball python morphs in person (we aren't going to get one until after we move next year, and he is already so excited!). I brought a cooler *just* in case I found the most perfect crestie in the world, but as I'm pretty set on groupings for my projects with recent purchases, I didn't expect anything to come home. However, I have also been hemming and hawing (looking at tons of breeders and pics) on one day getting a Nuu Ana leachie of PI chewie, neither of which I expected to be at the show.

So, while wandering around looking for cresties and pied balls, I did see a "poor man's leachie" (Halmahera) and though of my leachie love for a moment. One of the last booths I got to, I wandered up and went "leachies!" two little Nuu Ana babies sitting there looking so cutsey . Talked to the breeders for a bit (they seemed pretty on the ball and good people/concerned for their animals), saw photos of the parents that were both 100% Nuu Ana (dad had some purple, mom pink), and *tried* not to impulse buy. Took photos, left for a bit to look around online at the others I had been eying, then with my son's thumbs up, decided to pick one!

I decided to go for the one that was a hair darker, it was a hard choice even though they were so similar. The baby is only a month old, but eating all flavors of Repashy well, and when I took him/her home is sitting at 6.6 g. We have decided to name him/her BLAST for now, if it goes female we will change it to BLOSUM, lol.

Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

What a cutie!! So tiny still as well! I wish I had the money to just go out and buy an animal I didn't plan on buying, I always have to save up weeks before I actually get a new reptile lol.
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Comment

Haha, yeah I can't wait to see how he grows! I usually don't splurge a ton but still had funds in my "gecko budget", though I am now totally out for this year, lol.
      Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
      DoubleHelixGeckos.com
      Facebook Page
      iHerp Page

Comment

he is absolutely beautiful Sasha! please, keep us updated!
        .1.DOG Jiggles
        1.1.CRESTED GECKO Phantom & Lovely
        .1.YBST Cloveth
        .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
        1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis RIP
        1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

What a good looking kiddo! I recently got another leachie myself.Pprepare to need more! lol
          Kelly @ Tree Devil Geckos
          Producing Awesome Leachianus geckos and Gargoyle geckos since 2017
          http://www.treedevilgeckos.com
          http://facebook.com/treedevilgeckos
          http://www.instagram.com/treedevilgeckos

Comment

OMG I know I feel the need already but have to restrain myself. They are so stupidly cute when little (that widdle stubby tail!!) and I just can't wait until he is a big ol' mass of gecko. Made a bet with my son no more geckos for this year or I have to pay him. Will see how long I can resist after I manage to sex little Blast, lol. Did you get a different locale or the same as your other leachie? And pics?
            DoubleHelixGeckos.com
            Facebook Page
            iHerp Page

Comment

Originally posted by CrestieFu View Post
              OMG I know I feel the need already but have to restrain myself. They are so stupidly cute when little (that widdle stubby tail!!) and I just can't wait until he is a big ol' mass of gecko. Made a bet with my son no more geckos for this year or I have to pay him. Will see how long I can resist after I manage to sex little Blast, lol. Did you get a different locale or the same as your other leachie? And pics?
              I've actually had several new arrivals over the last week or so. I'll post all the lovely photos in a new thread.
              My yearling is a Yate x Moro. The new girl is a GT mix. Unfortunately the original owner forgot which ones. It doesn't matter to me though, she's gorgeous and will probably never breed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi'smom View Post
                I've actually had several new arrivals over the last week or so. I'll post all the lovely photos in a new thread.
                My yearling is a Yate x Moro. The new girl is a GT mix. Unfortunately the original owner forgot which ones. It doesn't matter to me though, she's gorgeous and will probably never breed.
                Can't wait to see all that you got! Have you taken updates/progess shots on your older leachie? I'm getting my last gecko shipments in sometime later this month too, new ones are super exciting but I love it even more when they settle in to the "family". I would like to get a GT locale at some point, just for the ginormous factor, lol.

I took little Blast out last night for some handling and handfeeding, and after some initial activity calmed down pretty well to slow handwalking and chilling out. Even hung/hugged the crook between my thumb and finger and I just *aaawwww*'d! Let me give a few strokes on head/body (super soft little thing) even after putting back in the enclosure, so I think we are off to a good start! Went from 6.6 g to 6.9 in the week I had him, hopefully as he gets more settled in he will pack it on at a decent rate too.
                DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                Facebook Page
                iHerp Page

Comment

Some updated photos now that little Blast is getting used to being handled (today he totally chilled/melded on my hand for a good 10+ min). I mentioned in another post how I "lost" him somewhere in the tub and when taking out the plant and then a slab of cork I felt the "smoosh" of a living creature! Ok, I felt like a dork not seeing him sitting *right there* in front of me (leachie camo FTW), so pics included of how he loves to chill on his cork slabs. He is a little more noticeable on the cork in the foreground, but I missed seeing him earlier on the cork further back that his pattern matches oh so well...

He seems to be getting much more comfy, and I have noticed more pink markings on him:

Cute happy baby leachie face!

I noticed that when he is exploring around in a relaxed manner, he puts his tail up curved almost like a puppy dog and it is so darn cute! This pic isn't the best as it actually curves even more (and the color is totally off!) but the pic is still ok at showing his cutsie curved-up tail when walking about and checking things out:

DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                  Facebook Page
                  iHerp Page

Comment

Blast is a cutie! keep us updated!!!!
                    .1.DOG Jiggles
                    1.1.CRESTED GECKO Phantom & Lovely
                    .1.YBST Cloveth
                    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
                    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis RIP
                    1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Can't wait to see all that you got! Have you taken updates/progess shots on your older leachie? I'm getting my last gecko shipments in sometime later this month too, new ones are super exciting but I love it even more when they settle in to the "family". I would like to get a GT locale at some point, just for the ginormous factor, lol.

I took little Blast out last night for some handling and handfeeding, and after some initial activity calmed down pretty well to slow handwalking and chilling out. Even hung/hugged the crook between my thumb and finger and I just *aaawwww*'d! Let me give a few strokes on head/body (super soft little thing) even after putting back in the enclosure, so I think we are off to a good start! Went from 6.6 g to 6.9 in the week I had him, hopefully as he gets more settled in he will pack it on at a decent rate too.
                      Sorry I'm just getting back! I've been soo busy with new art clients and wedding planning! No rest for the wicked!
                      Here's some progression shots of Kraken from the day we got her to a few days ago. She's still a very sweet hand hugging lady. She just celebrated her first birthday on 8-22.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20160102_133257.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1069476

Name:	20160302_114317.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1069477

Name:	20160525_203807.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1069478

Name:	20160809_202505.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1069479

Name:	20160817_102949.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1069480

I've noticed no handling issues with Kraken as I take her out very regularly and she's a calm hand hugger so you should be good as long as you keep up with it.
                      The first year seemed to be a slow growth period for my kiddo. Recenly she's been gaining like crazy though.

I'll be posting a thread with my new kids here in a few.

Comment

Oh thank you for sharing some of Kraken's progression (love her name!). I hope she had a great b-day too
                        DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                        Facebook Page
                        iHerp Page

Comment

Oh thank you for sharing some of Kraken's progression (love her name!). I hope she had a great b-day too
                          Ooops..... I just bought another leachie..... A young male. LOL
                          Will post photos of him tomorrow after he arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi'smom View Post
                            Ooops..... I just bought another leachie..... A young male. LOL
                            Will post photos of him tomorrow after he arrives.
                            Lol, that addiction "oops"
                            DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                            Facebook Page
                            iHerp Page

Comment

Blast has been eating like a little piggy and is at 9.0 g now

And...I got a GTB baby in yesterday (OOPS!). 3 months old and though it was "only" 8.1 g upon arrival, was significantly longer than little Blast. Here is Cosmid

My daughter loves that it seems like he/she has ginormous claws even as a baby, lol.
                              DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                              Facebook Page
                              iHerp Page

Comment

Working...
                              X