New Arrival Photos Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arrival Photos Part 2

Hi, here's the rest of the photos of my arrivals. This is Vivaldi, he's a 9 gram definite male. His patterns are quite odd but they reminded me of the Spring movement of Vivaldi's four seasons. He wouldn't fire fully today, but hes' a tricolor harley, with a nearly complete pin!

Click image for larger version

Name:	V-71816-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1102409

Name:	V-71816-3.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1102410

Name:	V-71816-4.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1102411

Name:	V-71816-5.jpg
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1102412

Name:	V-71816-6.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1102413

Name:	V-71816-7.jpg
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1102414

Name:	V-71816-8.jpg
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1102415

Name:	V-71816-9.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1102416

Name:	V-71816-10.jpg
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1102417

Name:	V-71816-11.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1102418

He is very very very beautiful! But, I don't see the third color which would make him a tri....?
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    1.1.CRESTED GECKO Phantom & Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis RIP
    1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Originally posted by Lovelyanddekstest View Post
      He is very very very beautiful! But, I don't see the third color which would make him a tri....?
      He's not super fired in these photos, he's too chill. When he's full fired he has a very dark dorsal, bright cream dashing, and almost orange patterning.

~JessTheBioNerd
      Jessie Cunningham
      5.2.3 Correlophus ciliatus

Comment

Oh got it.
        .1.DOG Jiggles
        .1.YBST Cloveth
        1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

I'd definitely need to see a fired photo to determine if he's a tri. It looks like he's got the potential.... But I too am not seeing the three colors in equal distribution.
          Either way, he's really cool. His lateral patterning is neat in that it's not really clean and looks smoky-like.
          Kelly @ Tree Devil Geckos
          Producing Awesome Leachianus geckos and Gargoyle geckos since 2017
          http://www.treedevilgeckos.com
          http://facebook.com/treedevilgeckos
          http://www.instagram.com/treedevilgeckos

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi'smom View Post
            I'd definitely need to see a fired photo to determine if he's a tri. It looks like he's got the potential.... But I too am not seeing the three colors in equal distribution.
            Either way, he's really cool. His lateral patterning is neat in that it's not really clean and looks smoky-like.
            I guess I don't understand how he isn't a tri. Here's another photo I couldn't post earlier because of image limits.

Name:	Tricolor.jpg
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1069309

Apologies if I sound like I'm arguing, I just really don't understand I guess. I found this definition online of tricolors "Also labeled as a “Calico”, this is a Harlequin gecko who displays 3 distinct colors – a base color (usually lavender or red) & two pattern colors (usually orange or yellow in combination with white or cream). The abundance of the white or cream coloration in the pattern is what separates a Tri Color from a standard Harlequin. The best examples of this morph display their two pattern colors in fairly equal distribution." I get that equal distribution is best but if they have 3 distinct colors, I don't get how they aren't tricolor.

Comment

I still only see two colors. The dark base color and the orange color.
              .1.DOG Jiggles
              .1.YBST Cloveth
              1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

If you are preferring to the white blotches, those are traits, not part of the color.
                .1.DOG Jiggles
                .1.YBST Cloveth
                1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

If you are preferring to the white blotches, those are traits, not part of the color.
                  So I googled "tricolor crested gecko"

Name:	ccomparrison.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1069310

On the left is a photo of my gecko from saturday, on the right is the search result.

I don't understand how the white on the laterals of my gecko doesn't count as his color, but the white on the laterals of the searched gecko does.

Again, not trying to be rude. This just really doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Tbh, I don't see how the googled gecko is a tri, either.. But, the white is port holes, which is a trait, not a color. Just like dal spots are a trait, not a color.
                    .1.DOG Jiggles
                    .1.YBST Cloveth
                    1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

i know that youre not trying to argue or be rude, you just trying to make sense of all this.. lol.

if you culd post a pic of him fired up and an updated one of him after a few sheds ahead that would be great.

just like Kelly said. he is a great looking guy and could easily grow into a tri.

he does have a tad bit white on his hind leg that could grow in color is he continues to shed.
                      .1.DOG Jiggles
                      .1.YBST Cloveth
                      1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

i know that youre not trying to argue or be rude, you just trying to make sense of all this.. lol.

if you culd post a pic of him fired up and an updated one of him after a few sheds ahead that would be great.

just like Kelly said. he is a great looking guy and could easily grow into a tri.

he does have a tad bit white on his hind leg that could grow in color is he continues to shed.
                        I will try eventually. He's very calm, and doesn't seem to fire easily. Maybe after j weight him Next week he'll be more fired.

~JessTheBioNerd
                        Jessie Cunningham
                        5.2.3 Correlophus ciliatus

Comment

Here is a tip for getting even the most stubborn geckos to fire, I case you didn't already know:
                          Take a deli cup or somethings similar and put wet paper towels in it with your gecko, give him a good spray down with water and put him in a dark place for like 15-20 minutes and that should make him fire up. Make sure there is ventilation holes and there is no standing water so he won't drown. That has seemed to work for my girl that NEVER fires, even when she is stressed, and has worked greatly for others as well. It is just like a sauna, put place them in a adark spot.
                          .1.DOG Jiggles
                          .1.YBST Cloveth
                          1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

I also agree that the gecko in the comparison photo is not what I'd consider a tricolor.
                            Here's a good example of a tricolor:

Name:	images3A3OH20W.jpg
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1069311
                            I know it's a small photo, but you can see three distinct colors in equal distribution.

A lot of people slap the term Tricolor on geckos that show 3 colors but aren't of equal distribution or enough white to qualify so that they can put a higher price tag on it and trick people with lesser knowledge.
                            People do this all the time with Halloween geckos and it bugs the ever living poo out of me. A Halloween must be a black (not dark brown) based gecko with bright vivid orange (not red or yellow or muddy brownish orange). Drives me bonkers! LOL
                            Kelly @ Tree Devil Geckos
                            Producing Awesome Leachianus geckos and Gargoyle geckos since 2017
                            http://www.treedevilgeckos.com
                            http://facebook.com/treedevilgeckos
                            http://www.instagram.com/treedevilgeckos

Comment

Yeah, that is what I consider a tri.

I hate when I see geckos for sale and they say they are this and that, but they are really not.
                              .1.DOG Jiggles
                              .1.YBST Cloveth
                              1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Working...
                              X