Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Un-Contained Excitement

I'm squirming in my chair in so much excitement I can't contain it @_@

I get my possible male future breeder tomorrow! He was just shipped. Granted, gotta drive almost an hour to pick him up because we don't have any shipping facilities here in the city (we have offices but can't ship to those).

(pic is (c) to sharlene from EpicGeckos, I just really want to show him off)

I'll be doing a video but the box will already be opened since I'll be checking him after I pick him up since its a 40min drive back so it'll really just be me showing him off.

Expect many pictures
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Coooolll.

I've never seen an orange crestie with black patterning on the tail. Hopefully he'll make some nice babies for you.
    Dude with a gecko, plain and simple.

1.0.0 crested gecko "Connors"
    0.0.1 California kingsnake "Steve"

Comment

Still not 100% certain if its a male or female, but either way I hope I can find another amazingly bold orange and cream gecko to pair up with this sexy beast

2018 babies at the earliest
      Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
      Sovereign Reptiles

Comment

HE (or she, still unsure yet) IS HERE!!!! He's so pretty and this picture certainly doesn't do him justice at all. I'm going to let him settle in before taking more pictures. If he's out and about tonight I may pop in to snap a few shots.

(idk why it keeps the attatchment images even after I've deleted them from my post.... -_- I uploaded the wrong photo, the attachment is one of EpicGecko's images)
        Attached Files
        Sovereign Reptiles

Comment

I thought you already had the gecko. Hehehe. He or she is looking great.
          Dude with a gecko, plain and simple.

1.0.0 crested gecko "Connors"
          0.0.1 California kingsnake "Steve"

Comment

Congrats, he/she is a beaut! I also have a Epic gecko, and she is not only so beautiful, but after settling in became one of my sweetest and most laid back geckos. Its so exciting getting new gexs in, enjoy!
            Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
            DoubleHelixGeckos.com
            Facebook Page
            iHerp Page

Comment

Heheh no i was waiting for him to get shipped xD

and that's good to hear He was a liiiitttle squirmy when i changed him over from the deli cup to the tank, but that was to be expected. I'm so used to my chunky 60 gram gargoyle gecko that I've forgotten just how small 20 grams on a crestie really is XD! At least for this specific one hehe, but he licked some pangea off of my finger before I put him away and last I saw he was making his way towards the food ledge.
              Sovereign Reptiles

Comment

I'm wondering if he/she may be related to my Epic girl (she is a Delta x Derek baby) as they are both of the yellow/tangerine family (she is of DD lines through Derek of course) - if so it would be extra cool to follow how someone in the "family" grows and produces, lol. My own Serine is a pangea piggie and has gained about 10g in just over a month (barely 30 to over 40 g), while still staying very "solid" the whole time! She should be more than ready to start her first breeding season in 2017.

Any near-purchases coming soon to compliment him/her or just doing research till shipping weather comes back?
                Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
                DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                Facebook Page
                iHerp Page

Comment

Hey! Just wanted to say Congrats!
                  I know Sharlene personally (she lives very close to me)and have purchased some of her geckos as well. I love her to pieces and know that you've got a great and healthy kiddo!
                  Kelly @ Tree Devil Geckos
                  Producing Awesome Leachianus geckos and Gargoyle geckos since 2017
                  http://www.treedevilgeckos.com
                  http://facebook.com/treedevilgeckos
                  http://www.instagram.com/treedevilgeckos

Comment

Hey, you stole my kiddo!!! I had my eye on him for quite sometime! I knew I wouldn't be able to get him, so thankful he went to you! So beautiful!! You better keep us updated!
                    .1.DOG Jiggles
                    1.1.CRESTED GECKO Phantom & Lovely
                    .1.YBST Cloveth
                    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
                    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis RIP
                    1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

I'm wondering if he/she may be related to my Epic girl (she is a Delta x Derek baby) as they are both of the yellow/tangerine family (she is of DD lines through Derek of course) - if so it would be extra cool to follow how someone in the "family" grows and produces, lol. My own Serine is a pangea piggie and has gained about 10g in just over a month (barely 30 to over 40 g), while still staying very "solid" the whole time! She should be more than ready to start her first breeding season in 2017.

Any near-purchases coming soon to compliment him/her or just doing research till shipping weather comes back?
                      I'm not sure, Snapshot is out of Volstag and Ralph, but she wasn't sure on the parents of them.

I do have my eyes out for another gecko, but i need to be smart and wait until this little bugger tells me whether or not he's going to stay a he? Or go she, since even Sharlene was unsure, at 20grams, I don't see a buldge yet, but he is very tiny haha.

Hey, you stole my kiddo!!! I had my eye on him for quite sometime! I knew I wouldn't be able to get him, so thankful he went to you! So beautiful!! You better keep us updated!
                      BWUAHAHHAA > no jk hehe. I certainly will keep everyone updated :P
                      Sovereign Reptiles

Comment

I am guessing there are possible pores/psuedopores if the first "hunch" is for a male? At 20g he should be sexible with a good camera shot if you don't have a high magnification loupe.
                        DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                        Facebook Page
                        iHerp Page

Comment

yeah she said she thought she could see pores but wasn't comfortable saying 100%. He's still far too squirmy for me to handle with a single hand right now and trying to balance a camera with the other LOL
                          Sovereign Reptiles

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanical8Dragon View Post
                            yeah she said she thought she could see pores but wasn't comfortable saying 100%. He's still far too squirmy for me to handle with a single hand right now and trying to balance a camera with the other LOL
                            Here's my trick for sexing geckos:
                            Stick your gecko in a clear deli cup (like the kind used for shipping) then while they're at the bottom of the cup, take a photo of the underside. You won't have to worry about a jumpy gecko.
                            For babies and smaller geckos. I use the lid of the deli cup and kinda hold them gently down on it while I get my loupe and look up from underneath them.
                            Kelly @ Tree Devil Geckos
                            Producing Awesome Leachianus geckos and Gargoyle geckos since 2017
                            http://www.treedevilgeckos.com
                            http://facebook.com/treedevilgeckos
                            http://www.instagram.com/treedevilgeckos

Comment

Heh oh yeah I know, the problem there is... i don't have said deli cup xD
                              Sovereign Reptiles

Comment

Working...
                              X